Thread: 2XS turbo inlet install

Blog Entries

Default Uber Inlet Mk II

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uber_inlet2.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	6655

Much easier to make - eliminate most curves. recirc one is even optional, although a bellmouth of some description so close to turbo would be desirable.

Any more news on this?

Looking at the Corksport intake once xmas is payed for, but would be keen to stay local if possible...

Chris.

pretty sure he's making them and installing them

Blog Entries

I stand corrected. That looks like it'll match the slightly larger tubular unit doing the rounds. I'd expect that to give just that little bit more - looks to me to be a shorter pipe with less overt curve? and the bypass won't make as much noise.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post

At this stage, I think 2XS was assessing demand before continuing development? That would a question to throw at him; I know he was looking at having some kind of one-piece made. From here - have considered a few ways to go, space constraints knock down some of my ideas to make a greater volume of air available for the turbo to ingest quickly - responsiveness - I've given it some though because I think it's the only thing to improve.

I am going to finish something else first, and then maybe I'll refit OEM to do another OEM vs 2XS inlet comparison and get a more certain feel for how things are changing. It does seem to have made a huge difference to peak boost spikes - ECU has a much tighter hold on the peak now - on the OEM tune before I installed HT I was seeing 15.7 peak boost down from 18. This was unexpected given high-flow low pressure drop ETS top mount, I was expecting slightly higher spikes, not lower.

I'm not sure it's done the fuel consumption any good either but having fit the HT tune recently, good chance it's more to do with that

Although we got reasonable gains, finding a way to get a little more volume available for the turbo's immediate ingestion would be desirable I think. There's not much room to do that - I'm beginning to think an irregular shape would be necessary. Harder to do with tubular aluminium solution, I expect, hence there'd be one on the market rather than $300+ cp-e silicon example. The comparison I'd make there is I would expect more from the cp-e unit in terms of responsiveness due to the inlet volume, cross sectional area and shape at the turbo itself.

So I'm super-simplifying the easy-fabrication ideas I've had - there's simply no room for "beehive" I was describing - but I have two other ideas that might be practical for fitment and I might ask troy to make up for me.

In the meantime it's a torque shot, and a power shot too, but the power shot is only apparent under sustained throttle rather than short squirts - this is where I think responsiveness focus is needed to compete with CS and cp-e inlets. There's another tubular inlet doing the rounds, I'm not sure who makes it, I expect at this stage it would by much of a muchness between it and 2XS, small advantage to the other tubular inlet on cross sectional area.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Last edited by Nexus; 31-12-2010 at 10:21 AM.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Wow, that certainly looks the goods... Are they currently in production, or still in developement?

Will these fit an MPS6?

What is the ID of the piping used?

Does it come as a kit with all clamps and connectors needed?

Postage to Melbourne?

Cheers,

Chris.

Are they currently in production, or still in developement? In production now.

Will these fit an MPS6? I have to check it on a car first. It won't be too much different.

What is the ID of the piping used? It is 2.5" piping. The ID would be around 60mm (60.8mm to 59.8mm depending if the material is 1.2 or 1.6mm wall)

Does it come as a kit with all clamps and connectors needed? Yes. Everybody hates unfinished projects. I like to have the whole product ready to fit when it arrives at your door.

Postage to Melbourne? Price is $190 (including postage) Kit includes TIP, silicone reducer, hose clamps and boost line fitting.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

I will be down for one of these once available………..in black of course!!!

Intake to suit?

Chris.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KLEEMO View Post
    I will be down for one of these once available………..in black of course!!!
    Group Buy? :P

hmmm, that looks like you need to pull the battery out and have people lose their radio stations + clock settings
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Blog Entries

Didn't for the version I have. This one looks like it pitches down a bit quicker, but I think you could get it in without removing battery.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    hmmm, that looks like you need to pull the battery out and have people lose their radio stations + clock settings
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by Victa View Post
    Intake to suit?

Chris.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Group Buy? :P
    I only need to check it to see if it is the same for 3 and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Didn't for the version I have. This one looks like it pitches down a bit quicker, but I think you could get it in without removing battery.
    It makes life easier and doesn't scratch the pipe work.
    We fitted an SRI + box at the same time, so, restting the ECU comes into effect too.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

I only need to check it to see if it is the same for 3 and 6.
    Sorry, I think I shortened my sentence a bit too much there... what i meant to say was;

Do you have SRI or CAI options to got with this?

Cheers,

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Victa View Post
    Sorry, I think I shortened my sentence a bit too much there... what i meant to say was;

Do you have SRI or CAI options to got with this?

Cheers,

Chris.
    Just SRI, but, with airbox option.

See here --->http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...e-mps-6-a.html
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Looks good , the one in the pictures are basically the ones that the members that pre-ordered before xmas are going to receive once your open this year correct?

Cannot wait for it , this might be the first of the list of mods that i do, so I can give a good insight into how it makes the stock MPS 3 feel .

James
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Looks good , the one in the pictures are basically the ones that the members that pre-ordered before xmas are going to receive once your open this year correct?

Cannot wait for it , this might be the first of the list of mods that i do, so I can give a good insight into how it makes the stock MPS 3 feel .

James
    That is exactly what they will look like.

But, as the saying goes, perfection takes time. I'm sure I can find a way to make changes.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12