User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi Guys,

I have had my 6 MPS for almost a year now but have just recently joined the forum. The only little mods that i have made are a K&N filter and exhast.

There is a constant argument in my head whether to modifly or not, one voice says do it the other says leave it alone. I guess i will work it out eventually!

Welcome Fats!
    Hang out here long enough (or cruise with some of the Vic members) and you'll find the joys in modding real quick!

Thank you. , i know. I should be running the other way but instead i am sitting here with a huge smile on my face...

A few MPS6 owners here that will guide you through the mod stages...

Enjoy your stay....

Happy Motoring
    duglet

to the forums
    lots of smart, informative and helpful people here
    hope you enjoy your time here, great bunch of guys down in vic
    just be careful if you see a MPS go near a roundabout... the members down there seem to struggle with them
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by Fats View Post
    Thank you. , i know. I should be running the other way but instead i am sitting here with a huge smile on my face...
    Yeah, your screwed. ;-p You'll start modding like crazy now. You've already done your exhaust, so already you're on the slippery slope.

So welcome. Enjoy the forum.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Welcome..............New Member from another recent member!!!

Gee had the car a year and cant decide..................pwoah I was busy ordering parts for my car before I even picked it up.............Needless to say the modifaction bug has bitten me hard!!!

Welcome mate

As Brad (Yeldarb) said, you're pretty much screwed now . But fortunately here at OZMPS, we have excellent facilities to assist with your new-found addiction

Modding is like the Hotel California. You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave muahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    just be careful if you see a MPS go near a roundabout... the members down there seem to struggle with them
    Aww poor Sammy. Nathan, Jon, I think we scarred him for life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Poor Sam. He got confused when he came down to Melbourne. lol

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

And again, WELCOME to the club. Nothing but fun timez here...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Yeh Welcome Fats, I said the same thing coming from high power V8's to the MPS3 that I wouldn't modify this car well I ordered the brand you car at the time with exhaust and tune, that was a bad start ... Enjoy the forum

lol, its like an addiction once you start you can't stop!

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Thank you. How did you go going from a v8 to a mps? I know a few boys on the LS1 forum and from hanging out with them, i don't think they will ever be able to give up the V8's

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Cool, that will be great. Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Thanks for that! and thanks for the heads up about the round abouts...one of two things are going to happen, im either going to keep away from them or end up becoming one of them too

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Thanks and welcome to you aswell! Ive been trying to talk myself out of mods but its becoming harder and harder

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Thanks for the welcome message....yeah i can see it happening now...mods will become my drug!

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

I am really curious about this round about action, have to see it for myself lol

YouTube - OzMPS - Reefton Cruise Highlights

Here's the roundabout... lol.

Poor Sam...

[/COLOR]Thank you. How did you go going from a v8 to a mps? I know a few boys on the LS1 forum and from hanging out with them, i don't think they will ever be able to give up the V8's

[COLOR="Silver"]Owning V8's from the day I got my licence which was a SLR5000 29 years ago to Brockies to my last 370kw at the wheels HSV GTO Coupe I never thought I would own a 4 pot motor EVER, after driving some wrx's my friends had I thought it was quick so after buying a turbo diesel Mazda Bravo Ute in 2006, they invited me to a day at the track to drive the MX5,RX8,MPS6 and the MPS3 and the 3 blew me away from the lot so time come to buy a new company car which was going to be another HSV back in July 2008 and fuel was about to hit $2 a litre in the sundays paper artical so I sat and thought of another option and the MPS3 come to mine from 2 years earlier so I cancelled the cheque on the monday and walking into the Aspley Dealership and order the Sports model with some mods I mentioned and haven't looked back but i have had more work done to the car not to many HSV's get away fats. I still love my V8's and I miss them but the MPS3 has been a great car and it's coming close to being the longest time I've held on to a car which is 26months normally lose interest within 2 years and want to move on, the SLR5000 i had for 4 years which is the longest I've own one car. I'm now looking for a new car once the building game picks up again but will keep the MPS3 I have so much fun with it that there is no urge to get rid of it........

LS1 motors were 220,230,255,260 Kw at the fly wheel my MPS3 is around 243kw at the fly wheel now in a light body with just as much NM. Who would have more fun !!!!!!! I have had some runs wit 307kw HSV's and stay with them using a lot less fuel, 55ltr tank and average 550k's a tank each week???????
    Last edited by 240MPS; 27-11-2010 at 03:00 PM.

I sold my XR8 to buy my MPS...

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    YouTube - OzMPS - Reefton Cruise Highlights

Here's the roundabout... lol.

Poor Sam...

Lol, thanks for the footage!

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    [/COLOR]Thank you. How did you go going from a v8 to a mps? I know a few boys on the LS1 forum and from hanging out with them, i don't think they will ever be able to give up the V8's

[COLOR="Silver"]Owning V8's from the day I got my licence which was a SLR5000 29 years ago to Brockies to my last 370kw at the wheels HSV GTO Coupe I never thought I would own a 4 pot motor EVER, after driving some wrx's my friends had I thought it was quick so after buying a turbo diesel Mazda Bravo Ute in 2006, they invited me to a day at the track to drive the MX5,RX8,MPS6 and the MPS3 and the 3 blew me away from the lot so time come to buy a new company car which was going to be another HSV back in July 2008 and fuel was about to hit $2 a litre in the sundays paper artical so I sat and thought of another option and the MPS3 come to mine from 2 years earlier so I cancelled the cheque on the monday and walking into the Aspley Dealership and order the Sports model with some mods I mentioned and haven't looked back but i have had more work done to the car not to many HSV's get away fats. I still love my V8's and I miss them but the MPS3 has been a great car and it's coming close to being the longest time I've held on to a car which is 26months normally lose interest within 2 years and want to move on, the SLR5000 i had for 4 years which is the longest I've own one car. I'm now looking for a new car once the building game picks up again but will keep the MPS3 I have so much fun with it that there is no urge to get rid of it........

LS1 motors were 220,230,255,260 Kw at the fly wheel my MPS3 is around 243kw at the fly wheel now in a light body with just as much NM. Who would have more fun !!!!!!! I have had some runs wit 307kw HSV's and stay with them using a lot less fuel, 55ltr tank and average 550k's a tank each week???????

I haven't driven a 3 MPS but i love my 6. My ex was a V8 man and he loved driving my car too. He even comented that he didn't expect it to be that good and how much fun it is to drive. I am a car enthusiast and appreciates a good car when i see one.

At the end of the day they are two completed different cars and both are fun in there own ways. If i could afford it i would have a new camaro with a 2900 harrop blower on it , along with a rotary too lol! I would never get rid of my mps though, love her too much!

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    I sold my XR8 to buy my MPS...
    I would sell if i had an XR8 too

I have my heart set on the new 414kw HSV Camaro due in 2018

Welcome mate glad to have you here at ozMPSclub. Post up some pics of your ride if you like, to modify or not to modify.....yeah....go on!
    The beast is quiet, for the moment, do you want to keep it that way? Haha, enjoy the forum mate!

You'll have had another seven kiddly winks by then Rino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I know, they are awesome. I want one too. Maybe one day!

Quote Originally Posted by Fats View Post
    I know, they are awesome. I want one too. Maybe one day!
    Sorry missed typed 2013 not 2018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast