User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil catch can

The valves cake up pretty bad, egr delete is your best mod to decrease the rate that it will accumulate. My occ set up changes the entry point on the manifold to keep as much crud away from map sensor as possible.

Well i can recommend a catch can as this is what came out when I emptied it. After about 1200km including the track day. I cannot believe this is what is being collected.

Although I don't know if its excessive or meant to be that much.

Holly fk... thats epic... maybe i should install mine :S

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    Well i can recommend a catch can as this is what came out when I emptied it. After about 1200km including the track day. I cannot believe this is what is being collected.

Although I don't know if its excessive or meant to be that much.

Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Holly fk... thats epic... maybe i should install mine :S
    Get on it Eddie. Plus You've got a newer engine. Totally worth it when you think that could be recirculating through my engine!!
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

WOW ! Ken thats epic , the track day probably caused more than normal amounts due to being on max boost and blowby pressure into crank case.
    Sort of reinforces the need for C/Can!!!!!!!

Also have a stainless catch-can that's been sitting on my shelf, in the packaging, un-used for the past few years from an old Nissan 180SX. Seems it's worthwhile installing.
    Anyone care to post some pictures of their installation?

Geez thats a fair amount of oil. Last time I emptied mine was only a cm or so

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Geez thats a fair amount of oil. Last time I emptied mine was only a cm or so
    Well I know its working! lol

How did you route yours?

Well I know its working! lol

How did you route yours?
    Down to the horn bracket

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Down to the horn bracket

Yeah same area as mine. How did you do you piping. I went from PCV and cam case Breather to T piece to can and vacuum to TIP. Blocked off IM.
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

Yeah same area as mine. How did you do you piping. I went from PCV and cam case Breather to T piece to can and vacuum to TIP. Blocked off IM.
    I just followed matt damond instructions, run 2 hoses from PCV and IM with check valve attached

'05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Im awaiting for fitting company to release inline check valve to fitt in my braided hose OCC set up, would love to share pics but files are to big and blah blah blah lol

Down to the horn bracket

@dazza, have you got any photos of how you mounted the OCC?

I spent most of the morning trying to get my JBR OCC mounted, but it doesn't seem to fit down with the horns. Looking for some inspiration!
    6 MPS

Quote Originally Posted by UnsettledHawk View Post
    @dazza, have you got any photos of how you mounted the OCC?

I spent most of the morning trying to get my JBR OCC mounted, but it doesn't seem to fit down with the horns. Looking for some inspiration!
    I sure do, have a look here:
    DM | OCC Kits
    Look at the install guide as well
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

I sure do, have a look here:
    DM | OCC Kits
    Look at the install guide as well
    Thanks, but I actually had those with me this morning as well. The JBR must be taller or something because it fouls on everything in that spot
    6 MPS

Thanks, but I actually had those with me this morning as well. The JBR must be taller or something because it fouls on everything in that spot
    Yeah the JBR one is pretty big, pretty sure its larger than the matt damond one, its tight enough in that area to start with. You might need to try under the intake

Yeah the JBR one is pretty big, pretty sure its larger than the matt damond one, its tight enough in that area to start with. You might need to try under the intake
    Yeah I think that or where the intake resonator use to be behind the fog light might be the only spots. Long run for the hoses though!
    6 MPS

Use the position spec by JBR ,and you will have no issues.
    Details on JBR site . There is a spare bolt hole for the C/C on the chassis rail under the oem intake box . Just dont cut the hoses untill you have the routing of hoses confirmed.
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

Default Oil catch can

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Details on JBR site . There is a spare bolt hole for the C/C on the chassis rail under the oem intake box . Just dont cut the hoses untill you have the routing of hoses confirmed.
    I installed mine there JBR hoses fit with about 5cm to cut off

Just try and feed the hoses under everything else so that they don't get in the way

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    I had those with me too, but couldn't locate that threaded hole on the 6. I'll have another look when I get the car back this arvo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    6 MPS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast