User Tag List

Thread: Lonliest MPS 3

Default Lonliest MPS 3

Hi, Am loving my '10 MPS 3. Staring to wish I had a temperature guage though. It is starting to warm up in Alice Springs. I think it is the only MPS3 in town but does anyone have experience in hot climates. Should I be worried about having too much fun!

Welcome mate, I haven't experienced too much heat here in WA, had a few 40+ degree's days but not often. Helps having a white car helps I used to have a dark blue which was bad getting in after left in the sun for a while! Doesn't the MPS have a temp gauge built in?

to the forums
    there are a few people up in cairns with them, YOU LOSE (col) runs 18psi all the time, so you should be fine
    i know our turbos arent affected as badly with the heat as others cause they arent that big of a turbo...
    know the gen 1 MPS3's have ambient temps, and the usual analogue engine temp, but havent seen anything else...

enjoy your time here, lots of information, and very helpful people around
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Welcome I do believe there is someone that lives in the NT, bought his car from Adelaide and drove it home good way of running the car in. He's free service was waiting for him by the time he got home

The gen 2 mps has an ambient temperature gauge, but I assume your are more concerned by coolant temperatures, since the gen 2 doesnt have a coolant temp guage.

I have run mine in 40+degree days without issue, I wouldnt be too concerned.

Oh, welcome to the forum too lol.

From Mexico, WELCOME

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    From Mexico, WELCOME
    What he said
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

victoria is mexico^2
    NSW is mexico

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Welcome I do believe there is someone that lives in the NT, bought his car from Adelaide and drove it home good way of running the car in. He's free service was waiting for him by the time he got home
    This is him - View Profile: ntbloke - OzMPSclub - Australia's fastest growing Mazda MPS forum

Hasn't been on for a while though!

Welcome mate enjoy your MPS and the forums

The dashhawk worked well on Gen I's and displayed stuff like coolant temp etc, not sure how it goes on the Gen II's though, good luck
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Maybe contact can be made by sending ( ntbloke ) a PM to let him know that there is someone close by and maybe catch up....
    Last edited by 240MPS; 24-11-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Cool Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave !!!!

To OZMPSClub from Cairns the message is up there Alice Springs If my memory serves me correctly can be 40 c in the day down to - 10 c at night , try to behave during the heat of the day & let it all hang out at night Turbo's love the cold air . having said that your mps from my experiance here in Cairns will cope fine in the heat but when we cruise to the Atherton Tablelands our MPS'S come alive with around 20 kw's more in the cold crisp air

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

If you are concerned about monitoring engine temps, then get a Dashhawk. Then you can set up a screen (1 of 9 available, with several formats to choose from), as I have done using a 3 digital readout format, that reads (Main screen in large characters) Engine Coolant Temp, with two sub-screens in smaller characters giving Turbo Inlet Temp and Boost Temp. You can aslo set up a temp alerts schedule with audio and coloured screen alerts.

FYI, my car holds 78-84C normally subject to ambient temp, but will run up to 95C in slowish traffic, with up to 103C in heavy stop-start traffic on a 40C day. As soon as one gets moving it will drift back down. Your alerts should take this large range into account.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Glad to hear there are MPSes in the Alice... Planning a road trip from Brisbane, to Melboune, to Adelaide and to Uluru next Feb... I am very worried about taking it from Adelaide to Uluru...

This is why I think we need a map of our members to see how far we're spread.

Welcome by the way. You've got some nice long straight roads out there. Enjoy!

ZEDN: Hi, why the worry? It's all sealed road. Drive at non-roo times and watch out for cattle on the long unfenced stretched in SA and NT. Carry a decent amount of water and sensible spares, some good (3M) cloth reinforced gaffer tape and cable ties and maybe a spare emergency (plastic) windscreen and maybe some pressurized goop for your tyres.

If you are worried about intake temps meth injection is a possible answer, only way I can think of lowering intake on demand and one that won't suffer from heatsoak like an intercooler. One of these days if I can get it working I will do a proper run with my phone hooked up to the OBD port and see what effect the meth has. Only runs when you are under moderate to high boost though.