User Tag List

Thread: Good garage/mechanic to install a turbo back exhaust in Brisbane

Default Good garage/mechanic to install a turbo back exhaust in Brisbane

Hey guys,I am finally getting my Corksport turbo back exhaust this week and ive been thinking where to install it. As i've called couple of garages,they told me they never installed 1 on an mps before. Do you guys know any good garages/mechanic to install an exhaust?
    Cheers,Igor

2. Default

Try Mercury Motorsport in Wilston

Ilve heard good things about that place,ill giive them a call as soon as the exhaust comes,thanks for help

Try Mazda. The cat back is 15 mins and anywhere can do it . The dump
    Is a bitch.

I would be using Allstar Tuning in Brendale, they have a lot of knowledge on the Gen 1 MPS's and now putting together the Gen 2 MPS ready for racing next year...... They also have a big connection with Mazda Motorsport....

Just quote your with the OzMpsClub and they will look after you....

Thanks,ill give them a call when the exhaust arrives

AllstarTuning

Phone

+ 61 7 3205 6850
    >
    Fax
    + 61 7 3205 6841>
    Mobile
    0405 447 472>
    Email
    iinfo@atsperformance.com.au
    Unit 89, 193 South Pine Road
    Brendale, Queenland
    Australia 4500

+ 1 for AllStar. They fitted my DP no worries. Took them about 4 hours.

They also have a dyno. Why not test it straight afterward? ;-)

Thanks for help guys,i think i am gonna ask Allstar to do it.
    By the way,do you know if its alright if i put a catless turbo back exhaust (so straight pipe) and i dont tune the car straight away because ill only be able to tune it 3 weeks or so? I heard if u put a straight pipe and dont tune the car the engine can break down.
    Cheers

Pay my air fair and accommodation and I'll do it for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    By the way,do you know if its alright if i put a catless turbo back exhaust (so straight pipe) and i dont tune the car straight away because ill only be able to tune it 3 weeks or so? I heard if u put a straight pipe and dont tune the car the engine can break down.
    Cheers
    Igor just ring Richard on the land line they open from 7am to 4pm they work daylight savings time all year round

Cheers
    I'm no mechanic, but it should be ok. It'll be quite loud though, plus the drone will probably drive you mad.

All I have is the Best Mufflers DP, 100cel cat (illegal), 11" resonator and Magnaflow muffler. It's more than loud enough at full noise (as some here can attest) and more than acceptable tooting about town.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

I just spoke to my mechanic,he said if i put a turbo back exhaust (especially if its a straight pipe) without tuning the turbo is going to overboost and i can end up with blown engine
    Is it likely to happen or is it just in theory and in practice its all good haha?
    Cheers

I just spoke to my mechanic,he said if i put a turbo back exhaust (especially if its a straight pipe) without tuning the turbo is going to overboost and i can end up with blown engine
    Is it likely to happen or is it just in theory and in practice its all good haha?
    Cheers
    Just talk with Richard at Allstar they have played with different things....

Where abouts in Brisbane are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by TUFMPS View Post
    Try Mazda. The cat back is 15 mins and anywhere can do it . The dump
    Is a bitch.
    On the Gen 1, you need to cut the original system from the car. It is a 1 piece system from behind the cat to the rear of the car.

Cheers
    That's rubbish. It's illegal, that's all. The Cat only provides emmisions, nothing more, but, also causes restrictions (in any car)
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

So you guys think its safe to put a turbo back exhaust without tuning the ECU afterwards?
    Cheers

You can do SRI/CAI, FMIC/TMIC, DP, TBE, CBE, change manifolds and still don't need a tune. I've done it to prove it can be done.

Tune would be the last thing on your list (to take advantage of all your mods) Or first on your list (if you have alot of money - to retune after every mod)