User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 vent pod

1. Default Mazda 3 vent pod

Hey guys
    Just wondering if you can purchase these from aus not just therpmstore?
    Has anyone installed one of these and how do you rate them over the defroster vent pod?
    I'm stuck between the two. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by markeymagz View Post
    Hey guys
    Just wondering if you can purchase these from aus not just therpmstore?
    Has anyone installed one of these and how do you rate them over the defroster vent pod?
    I'm stuck between the two. Lol
    MZR Performance on ebay sells them...I have one in my car;

Mazda 3 MPS Gauge Pod (eBay item 260558047766 end time 20-Dec-10 17:00:36 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Just realised you where after one different from the defrost vent pod..Are you after the pod for 3 gauges??
    Last edited by yogibear; 23-11-2010 at 12:28 PM.

3. Default

Yeh I had a look at that one and they look great but I was after the one that goes in your air vent...

VentPod Single Gauge Pod for Mazda 3 / Mazdaspeed 3 - Revolution Performance Motorsports!

IMO the demist vent one looks shmeek, I wonder if you would get condensation in your gage once the A/C is turned on when mounted on the air vent like that.

Quote Originally Posted by markeymagz View Post
    Yeh I had a look at that one and they look great but I was after the one that goes in your air vent...

VentPod Single Gauge Pod for Mazda 3 / Mazdaspeed 3 - Revolution Performance Motorsports!
    I love the air vent pod also; did a lot of research on it a while ago. Could not find a local supplier. But the RPM store were happy to post one to me.

I also read mixed reviews on how hard they are to install. The store says pull out the old vent and plug in the pod replacement. I've read it's a bit more of a headache than that.

I still think they look great though!

Tom

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    I love the air vent pod also; did a lot of research on it a while ago. Could not find a local supplier. But the RPM store were happy to post one to me.

I also read mixed reviews on how hard they are to install. The store says pull out the old vent and plug in the pod replacement. I've read it's a bit more of a headache than that.

I still think they look great though!

Tom
    yeh i think they look good aswell i like it because on my bros s15 you can just replace the whole vent with a 62mm one and looks madddd i also have seen 62 mm instead of 52 mm in the mps airvents and they even look way better but then noo aircon for you lol
    i dont think it would fog up the gauge havent heard of any yet doing so but yeh as for the pod in the defroster i wonder if it will affect the side airbag?

here is a video of the 62mm looks sick...

I;ve got one installed in my car(mps3), you do literally(easy), pull out the old vent, then there is another plastic enclosure inside the dash that you just pull out as well. After its pulled out, just insert the replacement vent pod, there is plenty of room for wires to routed down towards the steering coloumn/above the footwell. i think it looks factory, every one that sits in my car, wont notice its aftermarket, because the amber colour gauge i got matches almost 100% to the cluster amber colour

Quote Originally Posted by Duk View Post
    I;ve got one installed in my car(mps3), you do literally(easy), pull out the old vent, then there is another plastic enclosure inside the dash that you just pull out as well. After its pulled out, just insert the replacement vent pod, there is plenty of room for wires to routed down towards the steering coloumn/above the footwell. i think it looks factory, every one that sits in my car, wont notice its aftermarket, because the amber colour gauge i got matches almost 100% to the cluster amber colour
    Sounds good. Is yours a 52mm gauge? Dose the aircon still work ok through that vent?

Hey guys just another thing I noticed while driving on my way to work this morning is that visibility of the gauge in this position is very poor, don't know about you guys but the way I hold onto the steering wheel with my right hand over at 2-3 o'clock it certainly block the view of the vent, thinking on having a gauge in that position mean moving your hand every time.

I'd much better prefer the other one which clips onto your demister vent on the dash, sits nice and high and can be viewed regardless of hand placement on the steering wheel.

I dunno just my 2 cent worth

Quote Originally Posted by Malicioso View Post
    Hey guys just another thing I noticed while driving on my way to work this morning is that visibility of the gauge in this position is very poor, don't know about you guys but the way I hold onto the steering wheel with my right hand over at 2-3 o'clock it certainly block the view of the vent, thinking on having a gauge in that position mean moving your hand every time.

I'd much better prefer the other one which clips onto your demister vent on the dash, sits nice and high and can be viewed regardless of hand placement on the steering wheel.

I was thinking that may be an issue. I'm just gonna mount a seperate pod ($15 from MPS Garage) to the left of the demister vent.

I also thought about the whole side air bag thing, I guess worst case would be that the gauge pod would either be pushed out to the left or perhaps get snapped, think about all the force an Airbag generates for it to pop out. I Don't think the Gauge pod would be enough to block it...

Mines a 52mm, the aircon still works reasonably well in a forward motion ( only of course), i would have gotten the demister pod as well.. but considering its defectable.. i choose to get something that looked factory, and isnt defectable. ( defectable because you are not allowed to place anything that obstructs vision to the windscreen such as stuff hanging off the rearview mirror, and dolls and stuff sitting on the dash.. in this case the gauge pod)

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Malicioso View Post

i just had a long drive and it seems fine for me i can see the whole vent and even when my hands on steering wheel i can still see it.... but i have heard of glare on window when looking on your side mirrors..
    anyways i ended up ordering the air vent pod and a defi racer boost gauge and damn them gauges are expensive lol ..... cant wait till i receive them in the mail

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Mines a 52mm, the aircon still works reasonably well in a forward motion ( only of course), i would have gotten the demister pod as well.. but considering its defectable.. i choose to get something that looked factory, and isnt defectable. ( defectable because you are not allowed to place anything that obstructs vision to the windscreen such as stuff hanging off the rearview mirror, and dolls and stuff sitting on the dash.. in this case the gauge pod)
    do you have any pics man....

Awesome! be sure to tell us how you go.

I highly doubt you would get defected for having a gauge where the demister vent is. look at all the cabbies with their radios and navi's that are used on the windscreen. gauges on the A pillar you can get defected as it obstructs vision.

I recently got the demister vent pod as 1) wanted a 60mm gauge and 2) the aircon vent gauge doesn't angle towards the driver. Installation was a bitch though, took apart the whole dash to get that screw out and feed the wiring through. Nonetheless end result is awesome

^^^ Pics!!! plz

17. Default

hey guys i just got my defi and vent pod after three weeks.... soooo excited lol maybe this weekend i will try and install it...

Where can i wire the defi? if i wire it to the cigi lighter does that mean i cant use it anymore?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0133.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	6854
    Last edited by markeymagz; 14-12-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Hey, don't get too excited! Maybe it's best you don't keep them on your bed...you know. In case you have an accident or something

so you can't have things hanging on mirrors etc but you can stick a 5 inch screen navman in the middle of your windscreen.

I think whoever makes these laws needs to seriously drive a car.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Hey, don't get too excited! Maybe it's best you don't keep them on your bed...you know. In case you have an accident or something
    Hahahahaha yeh too late got too excited when I saw it in the mailbox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast