User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda 3 vent pod

Try wiring it to the ignition loom, if you take the steering column trim there is a plug with a grey clip, that goes to the ign barrel and with a tester you should be able to find a +ve for when the key is in the ignition or ACC position.

On some cars the cigarette lighter stays on for a few secs after the car has been turned off, plus you will need less wiring since you wont need to run wires all the way to the center console.

2. Default

Yeh I thought of that. I did that to my 180sx but I knew it was going to be permanent with the car. Plus I don't want to stuff around with the wiring there.
    I've seen people use mini add a circuits to power it by I cannot find where to buy them. As forthe cigerette lighter what power source can you get from there?
    I'm guessing you can get acc through the light and illuminum from the bulb which lights the ring around lighter. Where would I source my constant power from?

3. Default

hey guys finally installed it and looks great.... i used the cigi lighter wires for acc and illumination but could not find a constant power anywhere there so i ended up just wiring it to the ignition wires...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0146.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	6859Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0144.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	6860

only thing is im not sure which ones looks better plain defi or having the marker on it... tell me what you think...

that does look nice mate! anyone know if these pods fit in the gen2 vent???

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

I like it without the marker by the way.

Looks awesome! Gotta know: how is the aircon? does it still push through around the pod okay? Looks totally awesome though: congrats!

6. Default

VentPod Single Gauge Pod now available from RPM!

there is a vid there on how the airflow is still great..
    i tried aswell still good and strong only thing you cant point it in the direction you want.

^^^ Yep that's the only problem, IMO with the marker it looks really good.

I'm a techi so I like the marker. I'm with CTON, would like awesome in the GENII. Nice work.

Block8Head is doing a GB on his infamous Defrost Vent Pod on MSF

RHD available for ms6, cx7, rx8 and Gen 1 MPS3 but no love for Gen 2's

He will do one for Gen 2 RHD if theres enough interest.

GI/GB: Defrost vent pod - Mazdaspeed Forums
    Last edited by SlowMPS; 04-02-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Block8Head has told me that if there is 10 + ppl interested he will make one.

All he needs is the RHD vent to make the pod and has offered to wipe off an additional $5 off the group buy price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12