User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RX8 wheels on your Mazda MPS

1. Default

I've put a set of RX-8 rims on my gen 1 mps3. I'm running 215/45 rubber and haven't had any issues.
    I've got another set of RX-8 rims which I'm selling soon also (got keen and bought two sets haha). They're both the older style of RX-8 rims but one set is a slightly more shadow colour than the other.

Well I was at Bob Janes this morning and those RX8 rims are still there for $750, they are in perfect condition not a mark on them... Brad I thought you were going to grab them ?????

I want the 19's from the RX8 GT on my MPS 3. The gunmetal rims plus throw in the recaro's inside as well.

Good Luck you have to be lucky and there at the right time to get them or you pay through the nose....

When I purchased the gen 2 I sat in the RX8 at the dealer. Nice car. Rims are bigger version of mine and the gunmetal would hide the brake dust which is endless on my car. The seats are horny. They should have thrown them in the Luxury model MPS 3 with added price. i would have payed extra for them.

RX8 GT rims are like, $7000 from mazda... or you can get a 2nd hand pair (if you're quick) for ~$1500-2000

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYMPS View Post
    Rims are bigger version of mine and the gunmetal would hide the brake dust which is endless on my car.
    Dont you believe it.

The rims may be darker, but keeping them clean and glossy is a bloody nightmare.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

Got the RX8's onto my Gen 1.

Had to mod a bracket on the front BC coilovers to allow for the reduced inner clearance (11mm less than stock rims). For all the farting around and fitting the tyres twice, I gave the boys at the tyre shop a carton of beer. In exchange they charged me $00. Thanks fellas!

Running std 215/45 till they wear out. It will do for now but I wouldn't recommend it as a preferred option. The stretched side walls over the 8 inch rims make the car feel like it's running 50psi at 38psi. The handling it very twitchy as a result of the complete lack of sidewall movement. I'm having fun with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Well I was at Bob Janes this morning and those RX8 rims are still there for $750, they are in perfect condition not a mark on them... Brad I thought you were going to grab them ?????
    They didn't pass design approval! (wife didn't like them)!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Dont you believe it.

The rims may be darker, but keeping them clean and glossy is a bloody nightmare.
    Little red have you got them on your red beast on your avatar? I want to see a large photo of them on your beast.

I can do that, one blown up pic coming up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Awesome.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	6723

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Phuckkkkken Nice mate luv the rims thanks for the pics. I want em.

Couldnt help myself. Mucked around with your rims on photoshop. Made them fit the guards a little better looks shit hot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	biggerrims.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	6738  

I can do that, one blown up pic coming up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Awesome.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	6723
    Your car sucks...

Not! It's freak'n gorgeous!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Do the 19" rub at all or are they a straight up swap? They are 19" from the RX8 GT not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    Got the RX8's onto my Gen 1.

Had to mod a bracket on the front BC coilovers to allow for the reduced inner clearance (11mm less than stock rims). For all the farting around and fitting the tyres twice, I gave the boys at the tyre shop a carton of beer. In exchange they charged me $00. Thanks fellas!

Running std 215/45 till they wear out. It will do for now but I wouldn't recommend it as a preferred option. The stretched side walls over the 8 inch rims make the car feel like it's running 50psi at 38psi. The handling it very twitchy as a result of the complete lack of sidewall movement. I'm having fun with it though.
    Looking good Tom
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYMPS View Post
    Do the 19" rub at all or are they a straight up swap? They are 19" from the RX8 GT not 100% sure.
    Yes to RX8 GT rims, and yes straight swap.

At standard ride height you wont get any rubbing at all.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    Looking good Tom
    +1 Yup. Looking nice!

standard ride height
    ^ noob get low!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast