User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi All, new to the forum, Black MPS3

Quote Originally Posted by nitrongirl View Post
    thanks guys, i must admit i thought I was going well, until we turned onto the road at mundairing weir, I crapped myself, and all I could think, was don't slow down! don't hold anyone up! Mal made it even worse buy driving super quick up that road, Having a well deserved glass of red wine now! Phew!
    Sorry about that Ally. Please don't feel that you need to do anything uncomfortable during a cruise. Even if someone in front hooks into a couple of corners, we always steady up on the straight bits so the group stays together. It's normal for the group to stretch out then bunch up again like a big rubber band as we each do our thing. The important thing is to go your own pace and never feel pressured to drive beyond your limits. We'd never expect you to do that, in fact we'd be disappointed if you did.

You did very well today and certainly weren't holding anyone up.

Gone to Volvo

Hey Mal

All good, just that Mundairing Road was a bit scary, all those tress and twist and turns and sharp drops to the bottom I had a great time ! Thanks for being in the lead and planning a great day. Has anyone heard how the person that crashed their bike is?

Ally

First cruise Ally? The twist and turns are the fun bit! But still have to be treated with respect as well as the car. I've made a post on PSB but have yet to have anyone comment that was related to the incident. If I see a comment or a new post I will be sure to inform members on here. I've written off a Superbike before, know a little of the feeling (although I didn't have any gear on) Hopefully all is well and he/she makes a full recovery.

Hi Andre

Cool, I will wait till you post re: if he is ok, yeah first cruise, but now have caught the "cruise bug" and can't wait to do another

I think you guys were right re: my tyre pressure, am going to increase it first thing, as it felt a bit spongy on those tight corners on Mundairing road, i guess it added to my trepidition on taking those corners so quickly, Mal and Di thought that maybe I should start by increasing it to 3f6 psi, any thoughts?
    nitrongirl

Yeah 36psi should be well within spec, usually the harder the tyre the firmer the ride and on a dry surface, grippy too. You might find on the forum what other typical 3 owners run theirs at. It will help in cornering though. Not to mention slight performance, economy and handling are all increased with appropriate psi. Since you're not in the middle of winter, harder will be better. I look forward to the next cruise, hopefully for you meet a few more members too

yeah it would be nice to meet more members, but i think the size of our group today was good, am going to invest in a uhf radio too

I usually run my tyre pressures at 40psi. Its a pretty firm ride but feels better cornering.

my tyres are 225/45's what do you run on? stupid mechanic told me 32 psi, which is what i pumped them up too this morning, but as you can tell from my earlier posts, the corning was pretty bad, Im surprised that I did as well as I did

mine are 225/40's

Welcome nitrongirl, sounds like you had a great cruise with the gang today Hopefully I'll be on the next one! Enjoy the forums.

Hello and Welcome to the forums

Anyway Ally, there's never any need to feel pressed beyond your capabilities - that applies to everyone. It's supposed to be a "cruise" and ultimately relaxing, not a circuit of Nurburgring, even accepting that the open road is a chance to blow out a few cobwebs. Anyone is entitled to yell "wait for me!". It's also easy to get hung up behind other slouches and minnows and that can leave you way behind through no fault of your own. Better to yell help than finish up like that bike wrapped around a tree. I think we all drive prudently and within sensible limits and with respect for other road users.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Hi Ally,

Welcome to the forum!!! Great to see another female MPS driver out there!!!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun yesterday!! We had a cruise here too yesterday. I love being able to give the beast a "spirited" run and have some fun through the twisties - blow out the cobwebs from the boring drives to and from work every day .

Linda

Thanks for all the comments and all the welcome messages

Pumped up my tyre pressure today and went down to Mandurah to test it out, made a heap of difference, so thanks for all your input guys, much appreciated!

Am totally excited thinking about another cruise

That was my first cruise with the club as well, Ally, and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face for hours afterwards.
    You were in the car with Di when I was saying farewell, but I made noises about me organising a track skills/tuning day down at the airport for early 2011.
    Watch this space.
    Helmet essential. Stilletto Jimmy Choo driving shoes optional ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by guitar69 View Post
    That was my first cruise with the club as well, Ally, and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face for hours afterwards.
    You were in the car with Di when I was saying farewell, but I made noises about me organising a track skills/tuning day down at the airport for early 2011.
    Watch this space.
    Helmet essential. Stilletto Jimmy Choo driving shoes optional ;-)
    Thread hijack, but can an Ex MPS 6 owner come too?
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

I dont think anyone will mind

Can't see a problem with that.
    It'd be great to see the VW in action.
    Especially if can convince the new owner of your 6 to come and play too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12