User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GRAJY's new mod... :p

Default GRAJY's new mod... :p

I like it.
    What do you guys think??? I made this bracket up in my lunchtime, and fitted it after work...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000404.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	6402Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000400.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	6403Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000403.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	6404Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000401.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	6405Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000402.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	6406
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

sorry mate but not for me,but if you like it thats all that counts

Not really a fan if I am to be honest, sorry buddy! The location looks different though, I award partial credit.

drilled through your bumper.. naughty!

If it was a smaller bracket maybe....walk around the front of your car at night and smash your leg on that thing you'd certainly know about it...cops may not be a fan of it either......

Its very mini truckish of you All you need now is to put the rear one on an angle and you'd fit right with all those mini truckers

Cool idea...have you seen this one? Make a few up like these and I'd grab one off you

Mazda3 / MazdaSPEED3 TowPlate

Not a fan. Especially since the stock mount looks so ugly without a plate.

Sorry mate

Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    Not a fan. Especially since the stock mount looks so ugly without a plate.

Sorry mate
    I ran out of time to take the old bracket off...

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    Cool idea...have you seen this one? Make a few up like these and I'd grab one off you

Mazda3 / MazdaSPEED3 TowPlate
    I saw these. I just didn't like the price. These actually inspired me to make up my bracket...

I'm gonna make it smaller, closer to the bar.
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post

I'm gonna make it smaller, closer to the bar.

If you can remove the stock mount, and pull it closer to the bar, i think it will look better.

Still not something i would do to my car, but each to their own

Once I tidy it all up, I'll post new photos. Thanks for your honesty guys and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    If it was a smaller bracket maybe....walk around the front of your car at night and smash your leg on that thing you'd certainly know about it...cops may not be a fan of it either......

Its very mini truckish of you All you need now is to put the rear one on an angle and you'd fit right with all those mini truckers
    I was thinking the same thing Jon,I think in Qld they will get you to remove it, not sure in Vic..... Not a fan of it even on the evo's, I like everything balanced sorry mate...
    Last edited by 240MPS; 18-11-2010 at 08:17 AM.

I like the idea, since I think i started Jon on the path to making/thinking about them. The towplates are way to expensive for what they are $100 once delivered to australia thats huge.

I've had some thoughts on how else it could be done now Jon but its hard to tell you not in person, so ill tell you on Sautrday. Considering some automotive strength double side adhesive might be able to be used to save bumper .
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

if you have made this up to make the plate clear the incoming air to the cooler, you should have just gone with a slimline number plate. my car has them and the front one clears the opening on the front bar.

15. Default

Yeh sorry Jon oim not a huge fan either Im also one for symmetry But I agree a slimline plate clears everything nicely. I got a slimlne front plate and filed off the ridges around my existing plate holder, cut off the bottom hanging bit of it with a hacksaw and double sided tape my front plate on, fits very snug, could even file off the top ridge and place it up higher still

Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

i for one would like to point out how much of liar jon is... and that this thread brings to light his lack of integrity and that we can never trust anything he says:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...last-mods.html <-- LIAR!!!!

Lol @ Sam. I know, I said that was my last mod, but really, modding cars never stops.

BTW, I DO have slimline plates. I didn't move it to clear room for my cooler, I did it purely for looks, to be different to be exact. Thanks guys, I'll be fixing it up to look tidyer soon.

I just want to be different, push the boundaries...

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    Lol @ Sam. I know, I said that was my last mod, but really, modding cars never stops.

BTW, I DO have slimline plates. I didn't move it to clear room for my cooler, I did it purely for looks, to be different to be exact. Thanks guys, I'll be fixing it up to look tidyer soon.

I just want to be different, push the boundaries...
    Hey i like that you are thinking outside of the box...all MPS's arent meant to be modded to look the same...I know mine looks totally different to any other AB MPS i have seen and that is what i want ,people bag me out for a lot of things about my car but also i get the odd few that like what ive done....so good on ya for not being a sheep, sheep= boring

Thanks Missy. That's the message I am going for with ANYTHING I do to my car, and in life really.
    I'll try to fix it up this weekend, and post some new pics.
    Stay tuned... if this interests you...

20. Default

man i think that looks great.... did this to my 180sx aswell makes the car look PHAT....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast