User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GRAJY's new mod... :p

Quote Originally Posted by markeymagz View Post
    man i think that looks great.... did this to my 180sx aswell makes the car look PHAT....
    Totally agree. Offset plate looks great Jon. I am looking to do the same thing, only place the slimline plate up off the bottom spoiler... aka;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Offset plate.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	6428  

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    Totally agree. Offset plate looks great Jon. I am looking to do the same thing, only place the slimline plate up off the bottom spoiler... aka;
    ...And being slimline doesn't cover as much of the intake

Thanks, Tom.
    BTW, the shocks and spring combo is awesome.
    I'll try to fix the plate this weekend. Sunday is looking the day for it.
    At least my car will be different for the photoshoot in a fortnight...

Is the any rules about number plate placement? RE: angle and vision from the side of the road? I know in QLD there is.

Have you thought about fitting on the PS if the car (like the EVO), now that would be different. (maybe legal too)?

5. Default

someeople like sheep good on you jon

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Is the any rules about number plate placement? RE: angle and vision from the side of the road? I know in QLD there is.

Have you thought about fitting on the PS if the car (like the EVO), now that would be different. (maybe legal too)?
    My foreman told me the passenger side is legal (although cop bait), and the side I have it on is wrong. Oh well. See what happens with vehicle officers then I guess.
    I'll have to check out some rules. Haven't had any problems as yet...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Along with what Troy suggested: this could be an option;

**NEW** Beatrush Front Engine Mount & License Plate Holder for EVO X **NEW** - evolutionm.net

Is this somthing one of you guys could whip up? I'd be interested is buying one.

Thats cool but its for a Gen 2 :P, plus imo paying more then $50 for something like this is a bit hefty.

From what I've read so far, as long as I keep the plate facing forward, not on an angle, it's legal.
    See what the road officers think though... : S

Hey Grajy, does the bracket have to sit so far out? I reckon trim it down so it's 10mm off the bumper and it would look much better yeah? Really dodgy photoshop today, just a quick representation and I'm not an expert. Would look even better if the plate was mounted on a "slight" angle to be more parallel with the bumper?

One of the main reasons I commented before was cause I though it stuck out too much. If it was more flush (possibly a rev 2.0 bracket) that would swing me to like it more, also it might look funny with the mount still in the middle of the bumper...

My thoughts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P10004021.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	6440Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000402.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	6441

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I'd rather just ditch the front numberplate all together... Ugliest part of the car imo, no matter where its mounted.

I photoshopped the mounting bolts out of the plate on Jenx's ride, made it look a little more "finished" I reckon plate protectors look all right as they generally hide the bolts behind a black border.

I'm gonna be trimming it so that the inner part of the plate is almost touching the bar. It has to be facing forward though, to comply with what the rules state.

Keen to see the result

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    I'm gonna be trimming it so that the inner part of the plate is almost touching the bar. It has to be facing forward though, to comply with what the rules state.
    I'm not even sure if the people that pass cars as Roadworthy or not from factories know.
    Look at this persons Alfa here:

2005 ALFA ROMEO GT SELESPEED JTS Private Cars For Sale in NSW - carsales.com.au

and look at this Evo:

1999 MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION 6 GSR Cars For Sale in QLD - carsales.com.au - carsales.com.au

Its a hard call to make but i think it does have to be on the Passenger Side from what the photos have shown me.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Hey Grajy, does the bracket have to sit so far out? I reckon trim it down so it's 10mm off the bumper and it would look much better yeah? Really dodgy photoshop today, just a quick representation and I'm not an expert. Would look even better if the plate was mounted on a "slight" angle to be more parallel with the bumper?

One of the main reasons I commented before was cause I though it stuck out too much. If it was more flush (possibly a rev 2.0 bracket) that would swing me to like it more, also it might look funny with the mount still in the middle of the bumper...

My thoughts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P10004021.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	6440Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000402.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	6441
    I'm hoping to have it CLOSER than this.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I'm not even sure if the people that pass cars as Roadworthy or not from factories know.
    Look at this persons Alfa here:

2005 ALFA ROMEO GT SELESPEED JTS Private Cars For Sale in NSW - carsales.com.au

and look at this Evo:

1999 MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION 6 GSR Cars For Sale in QLD - carsales.com.au - carsales.com.au

Its a hard call to make but i think it does have to be on the Passenger Side from what the photos have shown me.
    I haven't read anything yet that states it HAS TO BE on one side. I'll look more though. My bracket I made can go on either side. I just happened to pick that side as Jim and I were discussing one night...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Lol I was trying to show it closer, but you get the idea. Only managed to shorten it slightly as a dodge quickly on the PC. I reckon it will look good once its "more flush" with the bumper, it will stick out a bit on one side but that'll be all right.

Doing it quickly on the PC??? Dude, I don't even know what program to use to do that let alone actually do it... lol

I didn't mean it to sound blunt either. I was sorta rushed. It'll be ALOT closer, and as I seem to repeat (sorry), pics to come on Sunday
    Thanks to everyone for your 2bits worth.
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    Doing it quickly on the PC??? Dude, I don't even know what program to use to do that let alone actually do it... lol

I didn't mean it to sound blunt either. I was sorta rushed. It'll be ALOT closer, and as I seem to repeat (sorry), pics to come on Sunday
    Thanks to everyone for your 2bits worth.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast