User Tag List

Thread: Questions about installing aftermarket HU

Default Questions about installing aftermarket HU

Hey guys

I got a 2008 MPS3 with the BOSE system

Im getting mixed opinions from the forums, local car audio shops and suppliers about how to do this

Basically i got a Pioneer double din unit, and need the Piano Black Fascia kit to go with

Im told some fascia kits do not come with the module to make my air con work on the screen still, can someone please clarify this, i assumed you lost clock and CD info, but the air con info still works fine? is this true ?

as for the "BOSE adapter" imtold you can just hack RCA's instead and this provides the same, if not better signal to the factory bose system

Quote Originally Posted by buzurk View Post
    Hey guys

I got a 2008 MPS3 with the BOSE system

Im getting mixed opinions from the forums, local car audio shops and suppliers about how to do this

Basically i got a Pioneer double din unit, and need the Piano Black Fascia kit to go with

Im told some fascia kits do not come with the module to make my air con work on the screen still, can someone please clarify this, i assumed you lost clock and CD info, but the air con info still works fine? is this true ?

as for the "BOSE adapter" imtold you can just hack RCA's instead and this provides the same, if not better signal to the factory bose system
    not 100% sure what you're after... but is it something like this:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...-controls.html
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I can confirm you will NOT lose aircon info for a 2008. everything else you will, but who cares? I think the earlier 3's had issues where the display was linked through the stock headunit

The piano fascia kit I got the oem one from japanparts.com. expensive bit of kit, but it's fully oem and hence, perfect fit