User Tag List

Thread: Cobb AccessPORT 3MPS for Gen 2 ! Yes

Default Cobb AccessPORT 3MPS for Gen 2 ! Yes

Hi, I read this today on the Cobb forum, thought that people with Mazda 3 MPS gen 2 might be interested

" Today I began testing the tuning process using only the tools we will be releasing (read: no longer using custom made internal tools we make during the development process). Everyone is working great. AccessPORT installs, uninstalls, datalogging and live data is working, etc. The next steps are to validate some of our Staged tunes (OTS maps) and get this out the door for you all. Still on schedule for a release before the end of the year, which means in the next few weeks but not tomorrow.

I'll post some pictures and maybe even some video of the AP in action on our 2010 MS3. Obviously I've been pretty tight lipped about development because you never know what surprise is lurking around the corner. I can post progress confidently now because we're close...very, very close.

Thanks for your patience and support guys, it means a lot to us.
    Trey @ COBB"

Taken from:

Official 2010+ MS3 AP Update Thread

Sounds great, I hope that the Australian model will be compatible. Looks like there will be hand held tuning for the gen 2 by Xmas

I read somewhere that Cobb accessports are not compatible with australian models. Not sure if it is true though.

Cobb never supported the Gen 1 with the first Acessport, even after ECU dumps were sent to them for evaluation, I wouldnt hold my breath for Gen 2 support.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Cobb never supported the Gen 1 with the first Acessport, even after ECU dumps were sent to them for evaluation, I wouldnt hold my breath for Gen 2 support.
    Yes, your right, confirmed on Cobb's facebook page, "only for North America". Will have to wait for Hypertech Max Energy Sport to have compatibility with the gen2.

Over here in Perth there doesn't seem to be any flash tuning options at all. If anyone knows of any for the 2nd gen 3MPS please post them up.

Don't quote me on this, but Tunehouse does dyno and tuning roadshows all over Australia each year.

Shooting them an email requesting a visit out there could provide you with a flash tuning option.

They will shortly be doing the Ecutek flash tune for Gen 1 and Gen 2, as far as I know.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but i met a guy on friday that has an accessport and claims it works fine on the gen 2

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but i met a guy on friday that has an accessport and claims it works fine on the gen 2
    Yep, Cobb released a full working version for the Gen II just prior to Hypertech releasing theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Oh ok thats good news for all the gen 2 guys. Would be nice if they made it work with the gen 1

Do you mean a guy in Australia? If so that is great news

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Yep, Cobb released a full working version for the Gen II just prior to Hypertech releasing theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Are you saying Cobb have released a full working version for the Australia gen2 MPS, I hope so
    Last edited by jnt; 24-07-2011 at 11:00 PM.

I thought AP only worked on US domestic models, unless gen 2 PCM is the same worldwide now, which would be awesome.

Can you clarify this?

Yeah WA. I was shocked because i thought it only worked on the US cars

I might have to investigate this further, the AP isnt that dear either.

Thanks for the heads up toddy.

No problem mate.. I just wish it worked with the first gen MPS's... not that there's anything wrong with my EzyFlash i just want to be able to self tune and the Ezyflash software isn't for sale yet.

I think I may have figured it.

I think the basic PCM language is the same, this bloke may be using the custom flash tuner software to make custom tunes with it, since the off the shelf maps probably wouldnt work here.

I'm sure he said he was running an OTS map. I told him he should join the forum but wasn't too interested. Might have to ask again

Oh and he has a 3076 ready to be installed.

I'm sure he said he was running an OTS map. I told him he should join the forum but wasn't too interested. Might have to ask again

Oh and he has a 3076 ready to be installed.
    Toddy, I wish I knew this guy you met, I would love to be able to plug in an Access port to see if it would work on my Gen2 now the question is "do I bite the bullet and buy one to see if it will work on my car and if not sell it off on ebay at a reduced price ????"

I dont have his contact details but hes mates with Chuckie Cheese so you could always send him a PM and ask