User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clicking sound from right hand side wheel...

Hope it goes well , and solves the issue.

Same here bro...

They haven't called yet to say if they have looked into it, I guess I will find everything out once I go pick it back up.

Ok got the car back from Mazda, they couldn't find anything wrong and the guy at the service desk gave me a whole spiel on how it is the TC control actuators and all this other stuff blah blah blah...

IMO I will have a look my self once I have some free time and will also do as per Dark Authority's description of taking the wheel, caliper and brake rotor off and spray with silicone.

It's something that I can live with but once you have your window down and in start/stop traffic it can get real annoying!

Will keep you guys posted

Not a massive shock there lol, if i try and fix my problem myself and it doesn't do anything im considering letting the HP-F have a crack on next major service.

Not that anyone cares but for those who do I've just found the cause to this issue...

http://www.finishlineperformance.com...3-05-1486b.pdf

I guess now my used car warranty would have expired to try get Mazda to fix this on my car, easiest solution I think would be taking the wheel, caliper and brake disc right off and give it a little bit of a spray with some silicone, otherwise order one of these special washers and go through the procedure on the attached link.

The service guy at Brighton had no clue as to what the problem was so I assume he would not know where I can order one of these washers from, might have to come from the states as a worst case scenario.

I'm just glad I've found the cause to this!

6. Default

I remember seeing that PDF when i suffered the same problem and was still clueless as to what was causing it. the MPS should already have the new bolts..

Oh well.. service guys are generally useless. They told me the same thing.. it was only when i went for a drive with the foreman that he told me about the driveshafts and the lubrication

I meant new bolts since the ones that come off can't be re-used...

If I take the shaft out of the hub end I will need to replace the washer/ABS dust cover, use new bolts and torque up to spec.

I plan on doing what you said and giving it a little bit of a lube, I've also been thinking how this could make that much noise???

I was reading this post yesterday and thought I had the same problem. So hard to pinpoint sounds from the cabin when driving, mine sounded very much like the passenger side front wheel but glad it wasn't !!

After investigating more thoroughly turns out my SRI bracket was squeaking on the frame it bolts onto, probably after some of the savage pot holes I couldn't avoid on the way to the coast. Anyways I went and got some silicon spray (WD40 one) and applied it to the area and between the plates and woohoo problem solved !!!

You referign to the plates for the SRI right???

yep the sri plate that bolts onto those two bolts...that was the culprit for me !!

Silicon to the rescue !

Our 07 mps 6 is doing this,can only hear it with the window down and on take off sometime only one click but can be followed by further clicks for a short amount of time. it only done 49,000 ks so should all be running great

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malicioso View Post
    Not that anyone cares but for those who do I've just found the cause to this issue...

http://www.finishlineperformance.com...3-05-1486b.pdf

I guess now my used car warranty would have expired to try get Mazda to fix this on my car, easiest solution I think would be taking the wheel, caliper and brake disc right off and give it a little bit of a spray with some silicone, otherwise order one of these special washers and go through the procedure on the attached link.

The service guy at Brighton had no clue as to what the problem was so I assume he would not know where I can order one of these washers from, might have to come from the states as a worst case scenario.

I'm just glad I've found the cause to this!

Hey i was just reading mazda recall for the problem i noticed it was stated as being for the3 was it a issue with both 6 and 3

I'm yet to pull my drive shaft out and see what it causing it, though I have noticed it's not as noticeable as before, maybe I've just gotten used to it???

Mine is getting it fixed hopefully this week

sounds like ive got the same probem coming from the drivers side aswell. I think ill get in there over the nextcouple of weeks and see what i find.

Blog Entries

I've just had this thoroughly checked - what would seem to be the same noise in mine.
    Here 'tis. It is driveshaft. Had everything lubed up, still "tinks"/clicks.
    Nothing's broken - there is just a touch of play in drive-shaft. It's not enough to warrant doing anything about, but there's no apparent way to stop it, just if it's get's really bad, we'll I'll notice and do the driveshafts. But that could be tens of thousands of k's away. Yes it's there, no there's nothing to fix. So I am just going to put up with it being noticable from time to time, and next service I'll show them the bulletin and see if they think that could help.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    I've just had this thoroughly checked - what would seem to be the same noise in mine.
    Here 'tis. It is driveshaft. Had everything lubed up, still "tinks"/clicks.
    Nothing's broken - there is just a touch of play in drive-shaft. It's not enough to warrant doing anything about, but there's no apparent way to stop it, just if it's get's really bad, we'll I'll notice and do the driveshafts. But that could be tens of thousands of k's away. Yes it's there, no there's nothing to fix. So I am just going to put up with it being noticable from time to time, and next service I'll show them the bulletin and see if they think that could help.
    100% correct i got HP-F to look at it for me, it's now fixed in the going forward motion but if im reversing on a hill it happens but that might just be a matter of time till it comes back.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12