User Tag List

Thread: Phantom Blue (wax)

1. Default Phantom Blue (wax)

SO I have a 2008 Mazda 3 in Phantom blue.

I have been using meiguars NXT wax (paste). It does an average job, but I after something 'better'.

I have been recommended to 'clay bar it', followed by Banana Gloss topped with OCW.
    Will this work ?

The paint has a very nice metallic flake in it and I dont want to dull it at all.

I don't want to spend a lot on it.

Thanks for your help.

I use the Meguiar's Quik Clay Detailing System with some great, smooth results. I have yet to try the banana gloss but it is something I will be trying in the future.

Check out these threads for some great results Got Gloss and Clay Bar & Banana gloss

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

4. Default

Thanks.

So I would do the Banana gloss first then followed by OCW?

Also I have been told that Carnauba wax may/will hide the flick/flake in the metallic paint is this true.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx3 View Post
    Thanks.

So I would do the Banana gloss first then followed by OCW?

Also I have been told that Carnauba wax may/will hide the flick/flake in the metallic paint is this true.
    That is the correct order.

I have also heard that some products can dull the metallic flake. This may be the case for some cheap OTC products. I am yet to witness or get any feeback regarding this effect from any of our products though. If anything, they enhance the flake.

Banana gloss + OCW = WIN