Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOMO shift knobs

.....swollen

Received mine today.
    Thanks troy.

However...........

Must say, not particually happy.
    The knob is not like the one pictured.
    Instead of having MOMO stitched on the top in red, as pictured, is has the shift pattern.
    Wouldn't bother me, except its a 5 speed pattern, and i'm a fussy bugger.

So now i've worked out my brothers christmas present.

Quite dissapointed

Sorry about that. I did not notice the difference until now. I did notice the 5 speed stamp on the top after I had sent them out.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Received mine today.
    Thanks troy.

However...........

Must say, not particually happy.
    The knob is not like the one pictured.
    Instead of having MOMO stitched on the top in red, as pictured, is has the shift pattern.
    Wouldn't bother me, except its a 5 speed pattern, and i'm a fussy bugger.

So now i've worked out my brothers christmas present.

Quite dissapointed
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

I got mine last week

What I like: (Leather-redstiched)

- How light it is compared to heavy stock knob, IMO improves the gearshift feeling.
    - No like the one pictured but I like this one better because where the MOMO logo is located, I know it has the 5 speed gear patter on top but it is barely visible so it doesnt bother me at all.

What I dont like:

- I couldnt it get screwed as tight as the stock knob, very easily the knob turns. (This is what annoys me the most)
    - Due the difference in shape with the stock knob it will take some use to it...however im not sure I will ever get used to it as it feels huge.

Cheers
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    I got mine last week

What I like: (Leather-redstiched)

- How light it is compared to heavy stock knob, IMO improves the gearshift feeling.
    - No like the one pictured but I like this one better because where the MOMO logo is located, I know it has the 5 speed gear patter on top but it is barely visible so it doesnt bother me at all.

What I dont like:

- I couldnt it get screwed as tight as the stock knob, very easily the knob turns. (This is what annoys me the most)
    - Due the difference in shape with the stock knob it will take some use to it...however im not sure I will ever get used to it as it feels huge.

Cheers
    I'm with you. Very surprised how heavy the original
    Knob was. I was initially quite concerned that the knob would spin. But I used the middle plastic "spacer" and tightened the hell out of the 3 screws. I could still probably turn the knob if I tried, but so far after week of usage it hasn't moved. I still don't really approve of the fixing system it utilizes, but I guess it's a "one knob fits all" so it will have compromises.

I quite like the fact that its lighter than the original. Feels quicker on the shift.

My main reason for changing knobs was to save the original one from damage from rings and general wear and tear. Not too worried about the shift pattern.

Quite happy overall.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    I quite like the fact that its lighter than the original. Feels quicker on the shift.

Im tempted to try a different shape, dont think I will ever get use to this one....., maybe the cylinder one?
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

The reason i moves it because the metal of the gear lever is pretty soft compound and the screws make a indent in them and they just dig in. I have the same issue, it moves a little... Got worst with use but its an easy fix just remove it again and get some double sided tape (strong stuff) and maybe some thin alloy and stick them where the old indent are and reattach.

I did this on my old XR6 and its worked . Havent tried on the MPS thou.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

All shift knobs have been sent.

Thanks Troy,

Got mine and its perfect... Ive been with the bolt style ones before and never again, the screw on one is on TIGHT
    Weighs more than stock, and I love it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123