User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPS GEN 1 problem

Default MPS GEN 1 problem

This may have happened to a few members, just not sure if it's exactly the same.
    I've noticed everytime I hit the go pedal & reach 160km in 5th gear it shirks. It's like someone cut the fuel line. It only happens for a spilt second, though it consistently happens. Any ideas? I had this happen once before I had it serviced & the guy told me I had an error, so he wiped it & all was good until a week or so ago. It's only happened since I installed the Cpe xcel-Nano intake?

Could be an intake air leak, especially if it's making that sound and it's only happened since you installed the intake. Check your entire intake path to the turbo for loose or poor fitting clamps, it just sounds like you're getting some air coming in where it shouldn't be...when it's that noise it's usually the pipe clamps.

Sounds like fuel cut, is the nano your only mod?

I'll check the clamps tonight. I haven't had any issues with it before. I was running the Nano for about a week prior to having this issue?
    The only other mod is a CES TBE, which I have been running for 8 months with no problems.
    I personally think it's fuel cut, as it jerks back violently then it's fine.
    Do you think it may be over boosting?
    Wonder if the HyperTech tune will adjust it?
    I'm in the process of purchasing a Scanguage, so might be able to see whats happening then.......
    What's your thoughts....

It SH*Ts me as it only happens @ 160km in 5th gear around 5k revs......

Quote Originally Posted by Hama3 View Post
    The only other mod is a CES TBE, which I have been running for 8 months with no problems.
    I personally think it's fuel cut, as it jerks back violently then it's fine.
    Do you think it may be over boosting?
    Yeah, sounds like an overboost to me (18+ psi for more than 2 seconds will initiate the cut), is the CES TBE the divoreced wastegate (twin pipe) style, these types of DP are known to cause boost creep issues in certain applications (depending on other mods etc).

Yes, the hypertech will raise the boost cut limits, I would also strongly suggest running a boost gauge, even just as a short term measure to see if it is boost creep.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

I have 2XS old TBE system, which is a single DP. I think, as my MPS is a 07 model.

I'm in the process of looking @ Boost Guages. Any guages you would NOT reccommend......

Thanks Matt

Stick with the better known brands when it comes to gauges, Autometer, Defi etc, in other words if its a cheap and on ebay its probably not going to be very accurate, or reliable, I believe the pro-sport gauges work pretty well, I use a VEI systems gauge from the states, as it has a sweeping led gauge, with a numeric digital readout on the screen.
    While I never had any issues with my earlier mechanical gauge (Autometer cobalt), I believe there are reports of some fluttering needle issues, which an electronic gauge will suppress.

Thanks Matt,

I am in the process of looking @ different guages.

So, I will only ger rid of the overboost issue by changing the stock map - ie Flash the ECU, right?

Though this wont be a problem with the Hypertech flash.....

Thanks for your help Matt

It sounds like overboost to me too.

The CES system is a twin DP. It won't cause overboost situations. He wrote it has been running for 8 months with no problems.

The current/recent mod is a CPe Nano. I'd look at this item first. Is the ID of the housing the same as the stock item?

Get a boost gauge and watch it boost. Gauges to buy, Defi, Apexi, Autometer etc (as posted). Do not buy from Supertheif or Repco.

I believe the cp-e nano to have the same MAF ID as the stock airbox, I think the combination of mods is causing the overboost. The Hypertech should solve this though, with the increased cut thresholds.

Hey guys,

Does it matter that the electrical guage I'm looking @ has the capacity to reach 60psi boost? Blue: V1-BHP-MB: $145 (Blue display, PSI) PSI model: < -30 in. Hg to > 60 PSI
    Is that too much?

Or should I just get one that goes upto 30psi?

I looked @ a few and this seems to be easy to read........

Thats the gauge I have, except in red, good gauge and very accurate, you can set the range that the led sweep is visible for (from memory you can choose 12, 24, 36, 48 or 60 psi), I'm pretty sure mines set at the 24 range, I'll try and grab a pic of it on my way home this arvo.

Thanks that would be great & it will give me an idea of where to install it.
    Yeah they look really sharp & simple.
    What are they like to install? Do you have a filter in your line to the vacuum hose? It just that I've see a few diagrams on other guages were they have installed a filter. Did you have to purchase a mount for the guage? I'm thinking of installing it in drivers side air-vent, looks clean and unobtrusive. Don't know if there is any negatives about this location. Check it out VentPod Single Gauge Pod for Mazda 3 / Mazdaspeed 3 - Revolution Performance Motorsports!

Anyway thanks again for all the advice.

Cheers

Sam-Bo

Mounting gauges above the dashline "can" be classed as a defective situation. Not enforced alot, unless you drive like a tool.

The CPe triple gauge pod is the way to go because it looks factory fitted.

Yeah I know what you mean, but I dont really want/need 3 guages & the vent pod I listed above is a nice clean finish & can be changed back to stock quite easily.

By the way MattMPS3 did you purchase your guage from VEI direct or a reseller. I'm dealing with a sales guys named Neil on support1@veisystems.com

It's the right link from the website but just seems a little dodgy......

Got those photos yet Bro

i like the look of that vent mounting.

Yeah, I bought the gauge directly from VEI, The vent pod makes for a very clean install, but may be a bit low, and potentially obscured by your hand making normal viewing difficult. Heres an idea, but why not cut out a 2" round piece of paper, or better yet print a gauge to size, close the vent and tape it in position, that will give you the best indication of how the gauge will be to view once mounted.

I personally like the other style of vent pod, the ones that sit on the top vent that MZR sell, I would grab one of these if I did mine again, I still might in the near future. Anyway heres a couple of pics, a blurry one while driving, and a clearer pic (showing boost recall) once I had stopped.

Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

man that looks awesome ......................

Ok, I see what you mean the MZR mount is very clean & looks stock. It's pricey though....SHITE!!!!! $110.00 Is tim still the man for MZR??? Think he could do me a deal...

F#$K I will have to decide soon as I have purchased the Boost guage & it's on it's way.......

Sorry to ask so many questions, but did you install a filter on the vaccum hose?

Thanks

Not sure if mine is filtered or not, I have filter in the bov line, but I cant remember if it is before or after the gauge T, mine is running through some pretty thin hose though, I reused the thin nylon stuff you get with Auotmeter gauges to avoid running a new line.
    When you think about it, air isnt really passing through it as such, its just pressurising / de-pressurising the line, so any impurities aren't going to accumulate in your gauge anyway.

So you tapped into your BOV line with the T piece for the guage then.....

I have some hose coming with the guage but i need to source a T piece & some wiring also.

You reccommend anyone for the T piece , as it's fairly an integral part of the set-up. Some mention to cable-tie the hose to the T piece as an added precaution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast