User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MPS GEN 1 problem

You should be able to pick up a small brass T from most auto shops, just take the hose in so they can find you the right one, I think the bov hose is 3/16, best to check this though, also if you are worried about chopping your stock bov hose in half, you can just use a new length and keep the stock one.
    Yes, always use cable ties on your connections, just as an added measure of safety, would you like me to grab yet another pic of mine ?
    Oh, and depending on where you run your hose, you will probably need quite a lot of it, mine runs from the bov line, across the front of the engine bay, along the side of the engine bay, through the front guard, into a small rubber grommet in the drivers side door well, then up to the pillar location.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Dude!

You're a champion! That would be most beneficial as a picture speaks a thousand words

I have around 8 ft of hose, which I gather is enough to reach up to the gauge from the BOV line.

I appreciate your effort in trying to make this install doable, for me anyways........CHEERS

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    You should be able to pick up a small brass T from most auto shops, just take the hose in so they can find you the right one, I think the bov hose is 3/16, best to check this though, also if you are worried about chopping your stock bov hose in half, you can just use a new length and keep the stock one.
    Yes, always use cable ties on your connections, just as an added measure of safety, would you like me to grab yet another pic of mine ?
    Oh, and depending on where you run your hose, you will probably need quite a lot of it, mine runs from the bov line, across the front of the engine bay, along the side of the engine bay, through the front guard, into a small rubber grommet in the drivers side door well, then up to the pillar location.
    You should do a "How to install a boost gauge in an MPS" thread. It seems like a common question asked.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Good idea Troy, but it would be better done as a new gauge is being installed, rather than retracing my steps on a previous install, and with the range and variety of gauges & mounting options out there, what applies to one install may be completely different to another, i.e mounting a mechanical boost gauge in the pillar would be an entirely different scenario than mounting say, an electronic gauge in a cp-e centre pod. I'll put something in there anyway

Here are some pics of the gauge and boost line route, when you are getting the line through the guard its best to get something rigid to use as a helper, I used a length of flexible plastic, once it poked out through the top of the guard, I taped the boost line to it and carefully pulled it back through. Note: Be careful of sharp edges on the guards etc, and remember, cable ties are your friend.

The T-piece, secured along the front with some cable ties, the inline filter came with my BOV, I have run this gauge with no filter for some time without any issues.

Here is where I ran the cable along the front guard, it is just held in place with cable ties along the front of the engine bay, it enters the guard just near the headlight.

This is the grommet where you can run the line into the cabin, the cable will enter the cabin where the kick plate is next to the accelerator pedal, you may need a helper wire to get the boost line through here too.

Here is the route for getting the line up to the pod, depending on which mount you have will determine where you need to run this, the rubber door trim just pulls away leaving a small gap to run the line.

Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Thanks Matt,

I'll wait till I receive my guage & then report back to let you all know how it goes..........

Ok lads,

I got my boost guage (VEI) & pod from MZR today so I'll attemp to fit this beast in the next couple of weeks.

Wish me luck

I used the grommets in the firewall above passenger footwell and then ran behind dash to same location it's a bit neater but really hard to get across behind console.

^ As above, this is what i did, much neater..

As for getting the cable across the back of the console, just tape the end of the wire to a stretched out coat hanger, and poke it through the other side, if you get a torch and have peeek through personally. You will see that there are many route options for the wiring behind the center console.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12