User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help choosing rims for a black 07 3MPS

Default Need help choosing rims for a black 07 3MPS

Hey everybody.
    Ive decided to finally change the stock rims on my 3 mps but i cant decide which rims to get. Can you guys help out a little and tell me which one out of these 4 rims would look the best?
    Thanks for help
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gra_gunmetal-425x425.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	6266Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gra_white-425x425.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	6267Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grid_white-425x425.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	6268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grid-flat-black-425x425.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	6269

I'd get a Rota G Force, with the biggest offset you can fit. That way the spokes with have that nice curved look. Oh, and I go black. It'll look tuff.

The fourth ones! BLACKSTA!

Thanks for replies
    I found some pictures of gforces on a black mps, they dont look as nice as i thought they would.
    Here is the website with the gforces Rota G-Force wheels on 2009 Mazda 3| WHEELDUDE.COM
    Also,i was kinda considering getting white Grids (the 3rd rim). You guys think it would look alright or should i just go with black? Saw the white rims on the red mps,they look HOT as

Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    Thanks for replies
    I found some pictures of gforces on a black mps, they dont look as nice as i thought they would.
    Here is the website with the gforces Rota G-Force wheels on 2009 Mazda 3| WHEELDUDE.COM
    Also,i was kinda considering getting white Grids (the 3rd rim). You guys think it would look alright or should i just go with black? Saw the white rims on the red mps,they look HOT as
    The advantage of having the rota wheels is that they are as close to the original offset as you can easily get.
    People seem to have forgotten the point of offset on rims.
    With the wrong offset you shift the weight of the wheel on the hub and can lead to things like premature wheel bearing wear

Good choice of rims, I like the first ones. That's what I would have chosen for mine had I have known how good they were before I bought my rims

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    The fourth ones! BLACKSTA!
    Same...the fourth one, possibly with some rim tape around the edge...? Coloured callipers too

The only problem with the G force is smallest is 8.5 wide alright if u have a gen 2. can do it on gen1 but watch insurance ..They look fantasic tho

I like the first ones too, black FTW! What colour is your MPS?

My mps is black
    Ive called up rota and decided i am gonna get Gforces 18x9. Will probably have to roll the guards but should be alright.
    Thanks for help guys

Those last ones look awesone in white on black cars. But I really do love Black on black.

yea,black on black is sweet! Would 18x9 be ok on 245 tyres? Will i just have to roll the guards or do smthing else as well?

what offset is teh rims?

I reckon its et30
    Last edited by Igor; 08-11-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Hmm good luck with +30.. u will have to really roll ur guards!! prob have to push the guard out to get them under ( or change ur camber) i would go the +35 with 235/40/18 (i have considered this with 18x8.5 +35 235/40/18 on standard camber u will just clear).

Rota produce +48 offset.
    Get them. As close to original as you can get

+30!? good luck. Even +35 will need some guard rolling. But I would go the +35. I personally don't see the point of putting a wheel on with a close to factory offset. You want to fill out the guards more. But each to their own, I suggest doing some more research if you think you can run a +30. Check Whiteminx car on here out, I believe he has a GForce at 18x9 +35. couldn't imagine more offset than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    +30!? good luck. Even +35 will need some guard rolling. But I would go the +35. I personally don't see the point of putting a wheel on with a close to factory offset. You want to fill out the guards more. But each to their own, I suggest doing some more research if you think you can run a +30. Check Whiteminx car on here out, I believe he has a GForce at 18x9 +35. couldn't imagine more offset than that.
    The point is that you are fitting a wider wheel so you will fill out the guards nicely, using as close to standard offset as possible. Any other offsets while require modification to guards.

The whole idea of alloy wheels is to lower the unsprung weight, giving a good wheel like Rota is so light and with the extra width you get the best you can. Incorrect offsets can cause load problems on bearings, tyres and CV joints.

Play around with this and see the effect of different offsets.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp?...&text1=&text2=
    Last edited by rd415; 08-11-2010 at 05:52 PM.

Well I guess it depends on the look your going for. Personally I don't think you can compare the look of a wheel like the gforce with a bigger offset to a close to stock one. The face of wheel looks much tuffer when the spokes have that curved look. But it totally depends what you want.

Yea,i was kinda going for whiteminxes rims,they look fat and hot as haha

All well and good to fit the wrong offset - but if the tyres hit anywhere at any time or any point sticks out beyond the guard it will fail rego in NSW- It also says to every cop "Hey look at me, I want a defect sticker and a fine"

Just by the way the offset doesn't change the curvature of the spokes, it just changes the position of the rim on the centre, eg. the centres are the same, it's the amount of lip that changes. Big wheels with the correct offset will be perfect, just look at the cars on the forum running RX8 or CX7 19" rims. They certainly fill the guards!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast