User Tag List

Thread: Mods and Warranty?

Default Mods and Warranty?

I'm sorry if above subject has been discussed before, but still wanted to ask a quick one.

I have 3mps which still has over 12 months warranty, I was thinking about doing few light mods, eg CAI, possibly exhaust and may me bov: Will such mods affect my warranty?

Depends on the dealer. Call them and ask.

Generally, I have found that it will only effect warranty if the specific modification was the cause of the problem.

E.g CAI won't make Mazda reject a claim for suspension problems etc

However, this is not written in stone.

i have a good dealer it is 2-3hrs drive from u :P. pm me ( but i have been with them for 3.5 years)

Most dealers don't care. I had mazda fit my stuff including a dump pipe.

Ok I better speak to my local dealer first, even tho car hasnt been serviced at that place. thanks for the info

Just do it! those mods come come back off very easily if you need to worst case.
    My car just had a new engine put in and it had a dump pipe on it when they did it.

As Cton said, just do it.

My dealer don't care about my SRI and infact told me to drive my MPS like I stole it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just keep in mind that ur dealer is still subject to Mazda. I have a friend that processes warranty claims at my local dealer. He said a turbo claim was rejected on a Mps with 60000ks because it's 10000k service was done at ultratune which isn't supposed to void your warranty but apparently they used a different oil and different filter than what mazda would use. So yeah... Sounds stupid but it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by langer5489 View Post
    Just keep in mind that ur dealer is still subject to Mazda. I have a friend that processes warranty claims at my local dealer. He said a turbo claim was rejected on a Mps with 60000ks because it's 10000k service was done at ultratune which isn't supposed to void your warranty but apparently they used a different oil and different filter than what mazda would use. So yeah... Sounds stupid but it happened.
    wow thats sad. I dont really wanna give my car to apprentices, when i bought the car I have taken it straight to the Tunehouse for minor service, was quite happy.