0 0%
  • 63RWV (read it backwards)

1 33.33%
  • SWR36

2 66.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What rego plate for new car?

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    volvo are also making nicer looking cars these days to match their awesome luxury and build quality.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm S80......... V8 with AWD. Shame it's so pricey.

I would so love to take a sleeper like that and dangle some crystals over it. Then go around shaming boy racers.
    Last edited by kmh001; 05-02-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Gone to Volvo

Blog Entries

I. Will. Not. Be. Buying. A. Volvo.

Not yet anyway, I don't think I'd ever live it down.

CX7, don't like the auto, and very very thirsty. I want a performance sedan, not an SUV.

<sighs> looks like a test drive in an R36 is coming up...

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    not much go... but heaps of GANGSTER image... what about a 300C ?? get some 23s on it.... haha
    I hate the look of the 300c. Not into gangsta...

Although some of those big chrome wheels you see on them look pretty cool...
    2009 VW Passat R36 - 220KW of German engineering.
    EQ - "I must admit, having driven Simons Passat, I was simply....impressed, very impressed. My flat cap and whippet, old man jokes are definalty put back in the kit bag."

An MPS can (cough) blow the doors (cough) off a 300c.

and still have a full tank of fuel hahaha... big heavy tanks they are !! if they didnt have that hemi V8 they would stand still

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    and still have a full tank of fuel hahaha... big heavy tanks they are !! if they didnt have that hemi V8 they would stand still
    though I think the SRT-8 may be quicker (straight) but we'd soon take it in the corners, especially if wet and probably won't have to swap rear tyres every 1,000kms

Thought of keeping the 6 MPS on lease for another couple of years? Is that an option available to you?

Otherwise R36 looks like the go based on your criteria.

Blog Entries

I could, but I want a change... MPS has been good, but a mixed ownership experience overall.

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    though I think the SRT-8 may be quicker (straight) but we'd soon take it in the corners, especially if wet and probably won't have to swap rear tyres every 1,000kms
    The SRT8:
    6.1L V8
    0-100 in 5 sec.
    Power 317kW @ 6000rpm
    Torque 569Nm @ 4600rpm

Last edited by Jmac; 09-02-2009 at 06:47 AM.

Blog Entries

That's monstrous power and torque... shame it's so ugly.

I couldn't do it... I'd be embarrassed to be seen in it. ...

You'd need some big gold chains and a fur coat to drive the 300C around and look the part

get a cx7 or 9, dont they have the same turbo engine?

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Or maybe look at honda

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    You'd need some big gold chains and a fur coat to drive the 300C around and look the part
    Or be gay. lol
    Latool- far from normal

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    The SRT8:
    6.1L V8
    0-100 in 5 sec.
    Power 317kW @ 6000rpm
    Torque 569Nm @ 4600rpm
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

The SRT8 Is actually quite nice in the metal.. I wouldnt pay what they are asking for it though, they have a nice stance, I believe 22inch wheels too
    560NM is quite a bit, even for a big car, chuck on a blower and it would put out some good numbers.

here we go, another 100kw courtesy of CAPA :P
    http://www.capa.com.au/kits_chrysler.htm
    Last edited by Jmac; 09-02-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Blog Entries

they are only good in a straight line...and even then good luck with your fuel bill haha

Blog Entries

Drove the R36 last night.

Nice car.

Grip by the bucketful, nice linear power curve. Quick off the line, not as much grunt as the MPS I don't think, but I reckon in real life it's plenty quick enough. 220KW, 350NM, 5.6 0-100.

Nicely put together too. Feels very solid, well thought out interior. Huuuuge boot. Seats are to die for - exceptional support and adjustment (12 way electronic adjustments including thigh bolsters and seat-back side adjustments).

Only bummer - 4 1/2 month wait for a factory build... .
    EQ - "I must admit, having driven Simons Passat, I was simply....impressed, very impressed. My flat cap and whippet, old man jokes are definalty put back in the kit bag."

I always knew you were going in that direction. I think it's the only natural MPS6 replacement currently available. If my finances extended that far I'd go there too.

Not much chance of a discount when they aren't accumulating dust on the showroom floor.

So is it definite?

Blog Entries

Is it definite... hmmm until I get the finance quote, accept it and sign on the dotted line and give them a deposit, no not really. But my mind is made up I think... Interestingly enough the lease repayments are actually not that much more than I am paying now. Lower rates help.

Simon - go to Japan and be the first to import the Jap MPS6 3.2 Turbo charged V6.

OR....just go and buy a 335 if you want petrol or a 330D if you dont mind the tractor noises (my Golf 2.0TDI was awesome, but too small).

OR...buy the grandpa car you've got your eye on. (Couldnt resist!! difference between Volvo and Passat? Not much really, flat cap and whippet)

We'll miss you mate.
    Last edited by EQ; 21-02-2009 at 08:01 AM.

Blog Entries

.... BMW 330d and 335i would both be nice, BUT way too expensive, and not enough driven wheels . If they did the 335xi here in oz, then maybe. But that would be even more $.

Another Mazda... hmmm.... maybe not this time.

Re grandpa car - mate, when I get this one and show you - it ain't no grandpa car.

PS - wanna buy a CAI?

And who says I'll be going anywhere away from here?

Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    Drove the R36 last night.

Nice car.

Grip by the bucketful, nice linear power curve. Quick off the line, not as much grunt as the MPS I don't think, but I reckon in real life it's plenty quick enough. 220KW, 350NM, 5.6 0-100.

Nicely put together too. Feels very solid, well thought out interior. Huuuuge boot. Seats are to die for - exceptional support and adjustment (12 way electronic adjustments including thigh bolsters and seat-back side adjustments).

Only bummer - 4 1/2 month wait for a factory build... .
    Sounds good , i think my next car will be the R36 or a G6ET if i don't go back to an RX-7 (sucker for punishment)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast