User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel consumption

only starting to get a decent number of k's from a tank..been getting 380-400km now. before was only about 300-320km

I typically get about 450kms from a tank around town (combined spirited, traffic, small amount of hwy). I think my range goes up to near 650-700kms on the highway.

However, I did manage to get the mother of all consumption just recently. 212kms from one tank! To make it worse, 89kms of that was highway... track consumption was 32L/100! Had to go and get juice again before lunchtime came around.

With 27300 (approx) on the dial and with my trip north next week to Qld. I will see if I can better 628k's on a trip as I'm going via the Old England and I'm leaving Syd at 2am on Wed morning....

WOW, thats some interesting reading.. some varying numbers.

Im averaging (on the trip computer in 6 MPS) between 10.5-11.5.
    Getting about 500kms from 52ish Litres.

Im a big one for fuel economy. Ive compared all of my other cars and i think best bang for buck SO FAR is my WRX... Ecutek tuned stage 1.. averages 9.8-10.5L per 100kms with around 135-140AWKW.

Ill post up some proper figures from my 6 MPS when ive gone through a few tanks of fuel.

Thanks

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

400km on the nose aroud town without fail ...every single time......

Thats always spirited

I bought the car straight from Grand Prix with exhaust & chip done from new:
    Around town I will get 480K's with 5 to 10lts left in the tank when I fill up since new;Around town with a trip down to the Gold Coast return from Brisbane for a meeting I get 530K's with about 8 to 10ltrs spare; I haven't done a full trip on the Hwy yet but I have done 1 full day on he track at Qld Raceway and lost 100k's on the around town figures. But the most advantage was going from Shell 98 to BP 98??? I get 30 to 50k's more out of a tank full. I have driven a std car from new on the road, accept when I had track days with Mazda.

yep I'm with you lynchy, 400kms on the dot !

zoom zoom all the time too !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SIRMPS View Post
    i use always v-power 98 octane.

for me driving normal and giving it i get about 300km.

driving like a nanny, i get over 300km.

Wen my light went on, it had about 10L left, as i filled up my tank with 45Ls.

You should try BP Ultimate and compare you will be surprised......

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HellionXR6T View Post
    ...Bout time

Oh and yeah! Good info Wardski... Why I try to use BP Ultimate when ever I can. Shell is too unpredictable. BPU is way more consistent which obviously helps with modified & tuned cars.
    Once you've had Bp Ultimate you never go back.

9. Default

Hmmmm I am only just getting to 300 when the light comes on.

I give it the occasional squirt, but I only live 8km from work. I will be riding there when the weather improves, but I get the feeling that a lot of you people with 400+km drive at least some of your way on the freeway or something.

Nearly all 8km of my work drive is in peak hour stop start traffic.\

Must get the car out this weekend to spread her wings a bit!

Blog Entries

I use BP98 and get 410-450Km around town weekday usage 480 max in this usage. Have seen 500 but rarely.
    On the highway I've seen over 700Km, but that was long run cruising 6th gear 80/90/100/110 zones.

I don't thrash it but I sure don't baby it either. Those figures have been consistent for somewhere between 40 and 50,000K's (at least) from 60,000 total. I ran mine in on 100 octane.
    Last edited by Nexus; 08-08-2009 at 12:52 AM.

I filled up last Saturday did the cruise with the boys to the 3 Dams on Sunday and filled up again Thursday Morning. I covered 482.4K's and still had just under 1/4 of a tank left, that included mountain climbs and some quick squirts and a car full of kids etc how did the other guys go???????

I filled up this week and was able to get 554k's out of the tank and the E was flashing...the 2 was given a tank of BP98 and it took 37.45ltrs...cutting it fine since it only has a 42ltr tank...

I begining to think Vpower gets the thumbs down...

coops Guest

Wow SIRMPS, something dodgy going on there. I drive mine pretty hard and easily get 400ks a tank. Don't really care tho, have stopped looking at the ks per tank and just fill it when it's needed. takes the fun out of driving if you're worrying about how much fuel you using!

Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    Wow SIRMPS, something dodgy going on there. I drive mine pretty hard and easily get 400ks a tank. Don't really care tho, have stopped looking at the ks per tank and just fill it when it's needed. takes the fun out of driving if you're worrying about how much fuel you using!
    True that, but like to get a good number of kms out of on tank of fuel.

Maybe might try bp see how it goes

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    only starting to get a decent number of k's from a tank..been getting 380-400km now. before was only about 300-320km
    What fuel do you use stealth?
    2008 Black Mazda 3 MPS Sports Pack

i use BP ultimate SIRMPS . worst i ever got was 280km and that was with caltex

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    i use BP ultimate SIRMPS . worst i ever got was 280km and that was with caltex
    ill give it a shot on next fill up
    2008 Black Mazda 3 MPS Sports Pack

I alternate between Caltex and BP as these are the two stations I have cards from on my lease....where I live now there is a BP just around the corner so the 2 has been getting green power...BP98 and loves it.

I only look at my K's as a lease thing and I can judge when and how much I can go for till I have to fill......as I run my down to the E all the time....

I don't care how much it is as I'm entitled to $250 a month for fuel and the 2 never uses that....so it accumulates to the next month....leases are great.
    from Orange NSW

So... Filled up yesterday.
    When the fuel light came on it had 420kms on the trip meter.
    Filled it right back up again with.. 51Litres.

Im actaully not happy with that.
    Sadly alot of my driving is deep city driving (is that a bit like deep sea diving?)

My 6 MPS was actaully sitting at the dealer for a month or so until i picked it up... ive notived with alot of my other cars that when you let them sit and then drive them again they chew through the fuel...
    Could this be the case with my 6MPS.... ?!

ECU-Battery RESET time?
    Oxy sensor check perhaps?

Cheers

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Before I put the standback on I was getting like 380-400, but since i've put my Standback and played with the tune im getting 460-550 /tank.

Obviously if i get stuck into it a fair bit, it lowers. But i'm pretty happy with over 500 out of the tank.

I only run BP 98, V-Power i was getting about 20-30km less per tank.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post
    My 6 MPS was actaully sitting at the dealer for a month or so until i picked it up... ive notived with alot of my other cars that when you let them sit and then drive them again they chew through the fuel...
    Could this be the case with my 6MPS.... ?!

Cheers
    I would dare say that people on here that are getting better fuel consumption that you are running the original ECU Flash from Mazda.

When i first got mine, I was getting pretty good consumption and good power, took it back to mazda for the second service and it came back with crappy consumption and a lot less boost.(To my knowledge there hasn't been an updated program released since).

As your's is a 2006 one, it would have come from factory with version 2 of the software.

If you want extra power and better fuel, get a standback and i'll give you my tune. Knock the boost back a bit and you should be right. Actually MPS Garage have my tune, so they should be able to ship it out with it on it!

Mal
    CorkSport FMIC with Cold Air Induction, , Cork Sport Cat Back, CPE Standback with PNP, TurboSmart BOV, Custom Highflow Cat with CorkSports Downpipe,Pauter Rods, CP Pistons,ARP Head Studs, BIGGER TURBO COMING, Pre-ordered a Stage 3 CPE Engine.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast