User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel consumption

Blog Entries

I would maybe look at a different tune or even a PnP unit.

I have been considering it. Just the outlay in these lean times isnt appropriate.

Is the xede pnp yet?

Wouldnt a tuner be able to set all parameters for fuel delivery ,afr, timing etc with XEDE even if the it wasnt pnp yet???
    Although, i thought that Piasini V3 actually adjusted for mods itself .......

Blog Entries

Within reason I would have thought, like if the engine its on is exceeding its parameters then it will struggle...hence the reason for the 3 versions, if it self adjusted itself that much it would have just had the one version for everyone.

Im sure thats what happened to V1 & V2, they weren't very successful & apparently V3 is a "one size fits all" tune. Thats why Magoo's problem seems to be a unique one......

the other piasini cars (like corz) dont have new coolers etc, this means my boost levels will prob be different etc.

I loaned the TMIC to 2000mn once and he had mad cuts etc.

Might remove cooler and see if its the straw that broke the camels back.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Non pnp is fine but I never went the xede route due to wire splicing/cutting etc, as I wish to return the car to stock b4 selling in the future.

The Cobb flash etc has many (100's) of downloadable tunes for varying mods. IF the flashed ecu could adjust to suit differing mod levels, then why does Cobb require some many optional tunes??

Anyways the mps series are a f***ing pita to mod.
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

Blog Entries

Yeah I helped Corey fit the cooler and the test run with it felt like someone was ringing the cars neck!

Demodding might help, eliminates things that could be causing the problem. Cooler and Intake I reckon would be the main things.

Hope you can get it sorted magoo, suppose its a process of elimination to find out the exact cause....good luck.
    Does Piasini know about the problem & are they willing to help????
    Last edited by AD07; 12-02-2009 at 12:38 PM.

Went to chiptorque today. A probable solution is weeks away

Interesting thread. I gun it in my 6MPS and I get no less than 420ks from a tank, and thats mainly around town. 50L to fill up, computer always says around 12l/100.

Went on a run the otherday (to Brookwater) and got down to 8.7L/100, I reset when I filled up (BP Ult) at the Gabba and drove out via Ipswich RD...

Is the 3 heavy on fuel or are you all a bunch of HOOOOOONS!

hey just went thru a tank of fuel not much highway driving and got 440k's from the tank and was not driving like a granny i cant help myself off the lights or if i see something worth havin a go at lol took 46 liters to fill

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

oh i use bp ultimate have used it since new and is the only fuel i put in it

BP Ultimate is the only way to go (in my humble opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by jimred07 View Post
    hmm fair enough then.

i only give my mps3 a hit here and there, otherwise its just cruise driving.

prob try different fuel to see if it will make a difference
    2008 Black Mazda 3 MPS Sports Pack

I usually get around 400-450 per tank, and thats with a combination of highway and city driving, as well as giving it some big squirts. To me, the fuel consumption is quite acceptable. I only use BP Ultimate... :-)

i used to get 420kms out of my rx8! i usually get 470-490 out of the mps6 and that mostly around town..around 11.5-12.5/100.. fill up around 54 litres..

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    filled up once in the mps and only got 410kms with a poor 13.7/100 reading on the trip.. wasnt hammering it either..

maybe i got a bad bunch of fuel !
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

I get 500 odd k's around the burbs on average 33ltrs which = 6.6ltrs and about 580-620 on a country trip....5.9-6.3lts depends how hard I thrash it..

I got 520 outta my last tank...and still had about 5L in the tank.

Mixed driving.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

18. Default

[QUOTE=kovmps6;21644]i used to get 420kms out of my rx8! i usually get 470-490 out of the mps6 and that mostly around town..around 11.5-12.5/100.. fill up around 54 litres..[COLOR="Silver"]

Was just about to mention that many rx-8 drivers I know get around 420-450k's per tank consistently over both varied drives (hwy and city) anything under 350 or 320k's is v8 territory imo getting to those figures you either drive like you stole it and have a bag of crack in ya boot, or get your ecu diagnosed because I don't know how $$ you guys are but that would cost a pretty penny over the long run

19. Default

[QUOTE=gotboost;22922]
    Quote Originally Posted by kovmps6 View Post
    i used to get 420kms out of my rx8! i usually get 470-490 out of the mps6 and that mostly around town..around 11.5-12.5/100.. fill up around 54 litres..[COLOR="Silver"]

Was just about to mention that many rx-8 drivers I know get around 420-450k's per tank consistently over both varied drives (hwy and city) anything under 350 or 320k's is v8 territory imo getting to those figures you either drive like you stole it and have a bag of crack in ya boot, or get your ecu diagnosed because I don't know how $$ you guys are but that would cost a pretty penny over the long run
    Everyone knows the RX-8 1.3ltr Wankle Rotary is a guzzler.

20. Default

my car gets between 300-380 kms... depending on how hard i drive it... it's only stock and has just over 10,000kms on it now... usually fill up with v-power... from what i've been reading here in this thread might start using bp ultimate...

wanted to do mod's to it, but dont really want to void warrenty car only 8 months old... goes well for a fwd and handles pretty well which has suprised a lot of my mates who told me its a girls car.... lol... love zipping in and out of traffic lol...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast