User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel consumption

1. Default

WOW cant believe how bad some of your guys fuel consumption is. Normally I get about 480 - 500km when the light comes on driving around canberra and will usually get abut 9L/100 on highway trips.

Any other 6er's out there think that generally the 6 much be better on fuel ?

Hmm yeah, that would make sense why the 6 is slower than the mighty 3

Blog Entries

My SCII informs me that my usual fuel econ is a steady 8-9L/100km most of the time and thats a mix of highway and 'burb driving.

I my Neo

I recently installed the cp-e hpfp and my fuel consumption appears to have worsened.

Im averaging 370 - 390 km per tank.

Performance for some reason seems to have dropped also .

I wonder if my tune is struggling with my mod combination?

Blog Entries

Sounds like it to me...sounds like when I didnt reset the ECU after installing a mod.

reset the ecu several times since install.

Car feels weaker in higher (4500+) rpm. Maybe its running rich now due to increased fueling?

Mind you, one of my staff has a 480whp (10 sec) FD Rx7 and maybe driving in this has made my car feel sluggish??

Blog Entries

Well that's your problem!!

if i got over 400km on my mps3 i would be cheering

you guys must drive pretty hard.
    i get 450km pretty easily. if i do give it a good thrash about 380km

Quote Originally Posted by remotegt View Post
    you guys must drive pretty hard.
    i get 450km pretty easily. if i do give it a good thrash about 380km
    wat fuel do u use???

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    reset the ecu several times since install.

Car feels weaker in higher (4500+) rpm. Maybe its running rich now due to increased fueling?

Mind you, one of my staff has a 480whp (10 sec) FD Rx7 and maybe driving in this has made my car feel sluggish??
    Not good to hear... especially after a FP upgrade. Are you going to get a reflash?????

Damn, I wish I could get 300km outta just 1 tank of fuel. might try using 98 octane. I currently on run 95 octane, maybe thats the secret? But I'm always on boost, or blowing off. lol. might try that reset ECU again, mine is over fuelling really bad since I put the stock air filter back in (Cause it was running lean with exhaust and K&N pod mods with no tune)
    Last edited by 2XS; 11-02-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Blog Entries

I think it might be your driving style haha

Quote Originally Posted by SIRMPS View Post
    wat fuel do u use???
    Caltex vortex 98 octane. For those who use 95 octane what the hell are you thinking? i used 95 once and got very crap economy like 350km. always use 98 octane caltex or bp or shell v power. 98 octane all the way

Blog Entries

I agree with the MPS you should be using 98 octane.

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Not good to hear... especially after a FP upgrade. Are you going to get a reflash?????
    I have the version 3 piasini flash.

When the flash was updated from v1-v3 I started getting a stutter at around 4500rpm. The stutter became less frequent but i thought Id invest in the premium fix ($1000+ Cp-e pump).

This stutter no-longer occurs but the car feels a bit weak considering my mods. For instance - in gear wheel spin in second was common place, this does not occur anymore. Maybe the heat is a factor also, I dont know.
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

Blog Entries

so only wheel spin in first gear...very strange...maybe it is getting too much fuel and bogging it down.

Quote Originally Posted by remotegt View Post
    Caltex vortex 98 octane. For those who use 95 octane what the hell are you thinking? i used 95 once and got very crap economy like 350km. always use 98 octane caltex or bp or shell v power. 98 octane all the way
    i've always been using vpower and prob get around 330 just driving like a granny and might give it here and there once in a while.

weird.
    2008 Black Mazda 3 MPS Sports Pack

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    I have the version 3 piasini flash.

When the flash was updated from v1-v3 I started getting a stutter at around 4500rpm. The stutter became less frequent but i thought Id invest in the premium fix ($1000+ Cp-e pump).

This stutter no-longer occurs but the car feels a bit weak considering my mods. For instance - in gear wheel spin in second was common place, this does not occur anymore. Maybe the heat is a factor also, I dont know.
    With those mods, it should be breaking traction in 3rd.....all the time. I understand you already have the flash , but do you think some parameters may need tweaking because of the increased fuel pressure????? Just curious about the FP.....how come you went with a new pump instead of internals upgrade???

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    With those mods, it should be breaking traction in 3rd.....all the time. I understand you already have the flash , but do you think some parameters may need tweaking because of the increased fuel pressure????? Just curious about the FP.....how come you went with a new pump instead of internals upgrade???
    Bought and installed the pump upgrade kit. This kit failed (siezed) and I didnt want to risk it again (bought the cp-e for pce of mind - lifetime warranty - prerun test etc).
    The siezure could have been due to improper cleanliness during assembly and not faulty parts, so I have not made it public knowledge.

The car breaks traction when hard shifting 1-2 but not during ingear blasts.

I havent looked recently but my combo is probably at the upper end for the piasini cars in oz. Maybe Ive exceded its limits (in its current v3 form?)
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast