User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi guys a newbie here!

1. Default

ok ive had confirmation they do the wheels to suit the car, with a 225/40/20in tyre, and at a pretty decent $$ figure too!

ill get proper measurements, offsets etc. and heres a pic of the wheel.

i am inclined to lower the car but wont need much as the rim size is larger.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fin%20RS%20Black-Red.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	6201
    if anyone knows of any old mazdas, toranas, holdens, fords etc. PM me. i am always intersted in restoring old cars.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    he has a 6... so there isnt really any gen 1 or 2 for him
    Yep, sorry. Thought you had a 3 MPS.. my bad. I 'spose a 6'll do...

Cool Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

To OZMPSClub fellow Adelaidian now living in Cairns FNQ the message is up there ENJOY !!!!!!

Col

4. Default

pic on 1st page.

Hey Mark do you live/work in the Noarlunga area? I've seen a black MPS6 with black wheels drive around there a bit. I work at Autobarn, come see me if you are after anything for your cars
    Mark

6. Default

the mrs works at southern steel supplies.. o sullies rd, yea she goes to gym at genesis behind autobarn, i came in not long ago and got a pod, etc. haha

i need standard front shocks for mine. they are shot.

heya markxr3!

im new to the forums too, so welcome aboard!

must say those black rims are EXCELLENT on the black body. were they professionally powdercoated?

mine kinda look like that, only its on the front, and its all brake dust :P my god the pads mazda here in townsville put on it are freaking dusty.

Ice

8. Default

haha. na i painted them myself, primed them then used satin/gloss black. lowered it and thats the final product, im not happy wit the height so i wanna lower the rear abit more to get the even body stance. the rear still sits a little higher for some reason...

Not sure I've seen a dark MPS with stock black rims! Looks awesome. Would be cool to get mine and yours on a photo shoot with the stock black rims. Have you considered adding a decal on one spoke, or not your kind of thing? That's a bit strange, my rear is lower than my front same with Toddy on King Springs (low) Is it the same case parked on all types of surfaces (flat and sloping both ways)?

Nice ride, black rims look sweet too!

I'm surprised the shocks went U/S at 50K-60K did the previous owner take it offroad?

congrats on purchase. enjoy and welcome

12. Default

i kinda had something to do with it i think

hey were fine b4 i took em out. haha. all sorted im buying more of a forum member soon.

heres tyhe pic of the stance. car is very dirty at this point haha...

Last edited by markrx3; 15-01-2011 at 05:51 AM.

Hi and welcome, we have it all here esp if ur a modder

14. Default

i was bored so went and took a few shots of it kinda clean with trhe new red pin stripes i added as a bit of colur change. let me know what you think. HONESTLY.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4407.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	7099  
    Last edited by markrx3; 17-01-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Phew, when you said pin stripes, I thought "oh no!!"

But I like them. Breaks up the black on black!

Red brake calipers next?

damn, me likey!!!
    the red strip on the black wheels really does a great job of changing the look of them

17. Default

its subltle as it is. painting the calipers wi dont tihnk ill do. for now anyway its the mrs acar btw, i just paid for it. lol.

I'm liking the rim tape mate! I considered doing this as I have red callipers but I wasn't sure how it would look. I might have to give this a shot on my ride! Have you got any close ups of the rims mate showing the rim tape? Did you just use the same rim tape for motorcycles? Ebay...The great thing about it is if you don't like it...take it off! Good work

19. Default

i just went and got pin stripe from sprints. goes on easy as... clean the surface and away you go.... easy as pie.....

get soem pics up!

I tried the pin strips just with electrical tape to get an idea. From a distance it looks like a good representation, but I don't like it on my car. I think now the rims look pretty bold being solid black on a while car. Having the tape looked a little more aftermarket. Perhaps on yours the black on black was a bit much and the pin stripe broke it up, resulting in a good feature. There might be too much going on in my case, white car, black rims, red callipers is probably enough. Dunno, just didn't really suit I think. So I think I'll be keeping mine as is. I'm considering rim tape on the motorcycle though. Not sure what colour, options are open at the moment.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12