Quote Originally Posted by buzurk View Post
Hey guys, i went with the 2XS, overall not too happy, my main aim was noise, and i can hear a sight amount of induction noise so long as you really listen for it an all windows are up!
and you can only really hear it before the exhaust sounds like a jet then you can. Power on the other has is a huge increase so well one 2XS on that part, happy there

Have i done something wrong? mind you my K&N POD hasnt arrived so im using a ~$60 one from auto shop however i expected much more noise

went in my mates mps3 with CP-e full CAI and fark me its loud even with music on you can hear massive amounts of induction noise

one Q but, the rubber pipe after teh SRI that bends, should that be changed?
The more hard (alloy) piping you have in your intake, the louder it will be due to the resonance of the alloy, softer materials will naturally absorb noise (especially that ribbed rubber pipe).
I have a CP-E CAI, with a 3A pod filter, and a CP-E Silicone TIP, it is pretty loud (as you have discovered).
Im actually thinking of going to a boxed SRI setup, as much as I love the noise, there are days that it gets a bit annoying, maybe Im just getting too old.
If you are after some serious induction noise, an even louder setup would be to add an alloy TIP, another interesting point, I found that after fitting the FMIC the car took on a whole new induction note.