User Tag List

Thread: Help help help help cutting out/hesiation

1. Post Help help help help cutting out/hesiation

Hey guys I'm going crazy over here I've had my 06 mps 3 for about a year now
    And all has been more than perfect never any dramas
    Bit now the last few month nor me nor Mazda nor mechanics can find
    My problem...

What it is very randomly it will just start to cut out as if no petrol
    Does it only a few times per drive does it on all gears off take off a-swell
    It's driving me crazy might do it first thing in the morning might do it guy before I get home just hesitation/no petrol that's what it feels like won't bloody move then I just put back in neutral and rev rev n take off usually happens
    After driving more than 20 min btw 2000-3000 rpm can someone please helppppp me

any mods ??

+1 - And how many Kms on it, and when was it last serviced, and what fuel do you use?

4. Default

No mods 110k km and last full service was few weeks ago

On the limited info available it's sounding like a blocked fuel filter or other impediment in the line of supply, or possibly a dicky fuel pump that isn't meeting demand in a certain rpm range. At 100k Km one might expect it to have gone off song. A DashHawk will give you rail pressures that you could compare with a normally operating MPS6.

A less likely possibility is sucking air into the line somewhere, if the fuel line has been damaged underneath or in the engine bay. Might be worth checking for damage, pinching and/or leaks.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Make sure there's no water inside the spark plug tubes. Even the tiniest bit of moisture can cause problems.

lol @ moisture