User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car & Guitars. New MPS6 Member.

Default Car & Guitars. New MPS6 Member.

Hi Folks.

I've had my Radiant Ebony 06 MPS6 for about 10 weeks now, and thought it was about time to introduce myself, my drive, and a few of my toys.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00424.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	6133

I bought the car from one of the dealers here in Perth, and was immediately impressed with the quality of the fit and finish of the car. I have owned a WRX in the past, and by comparison the WRX feels a little like a shopping trolley with a turbo bolted on as an afterthought. The MPS6 feels more like a Japanese luxury saloon, albeit a rather rapid one.

Name:	DSC00422.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	6130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00420.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	6134

I love the way the party starts at about 3200 rpm. Shame it's all over by 5200.
    (I once had a VTiR Civic- the fun started at about 5200, and went all the way through to 8400. Eeek!!).

I've a few mods in the pipeline;- I'm on the list for the Hypertech group buy, and I'm also sniffing around at a CAI/SRI, BOV, and exhaust, so hopefully I'll get over that the conservatism that the boffins at Mazda have deliberately built into the car.

Hopefully the photos will come through.

Name:	DSC00441.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	6131Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00436.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	6132

Some thanks are in order. While looking to buy a car, I spent quite some time on various forums. This one was by far the most informative.
    The people on it are generous of knowledge, quick of wit, and gracious of ignorance. Thankfully, you are intolerant of shysters (DIY tuning, anyone?).

I look forward to meeting some of the WA members (Christmas cruise, eh guys?), and hope that you all enjoy the happy snaps.

Take care,

Pete.

Glad u love it.. if u want more out of it there is ways ... tuning... or if u have more $$ rods/balancing/turbo.. and 7-8000rpm OOOO yeah

Hi Luke.

As much as I like 8400rpm, I don't really want Mazda metal popping through my bonnet anytime soon.
    Hope you're enjoying the wonderful roads in your neck of the woods.

Pete.

I saw the word GUITARS, and I had to look.
    Great set of Gibsons there, mate.
    My main guitar is a 50th Anniversary Epiphone Les Paul. Black with gold hardware. And I run a MG100HDFX digital Marshall head through a Marshall slant quad box. As below...

Name:	110320081137.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	6136Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10012009117.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	6135Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02112009029.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	6137
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Hi Grajy.

Love the slant front 4x12.

My main amp at the moment is a Fender DeVille 4x10 (in the boot of the buggy), and I'm seriously considering getting another.
    I have a stereo chorus (Boss) and a stereo delay (Eventide) and would kill to hear it through 2 amps.

The Les Paul is an '84, the 335 an '89, and the crime is that I rarely use either of them. The strat is a Swiss-made copy, and renders all else unusable.

What's the 12 string?

Pete.

and the crime is that I rarely use either of them.

Mmmm... DeVille...

The 12 string is a Washburn with a built in tuner. That's my latest addition.

I've always loved the 335's. I wanted to buy an Epiphone 335 with the union jack on it like Noel Gallagher...
    I have many pedals. Can't remember what they are. I only use the effects in the head nowadays...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Hi Grajy.

Like the Washburn.

I bought the 335 more for the Larry Carlton/Eric Johnson sound, not so much Noel Gallagher.
    I'll upload a shot of my pedalboard tomorrow- I've just finished wiring it up.
    You're in Melbourne. yes?
    Check out David Worthy Guitars.
    He is one of Australia's finest guitar builders. Of course, I would say that, given that I own a couple of his instruments, but he's in the hills outside of Melbourne, and if you google him, you'll find another of my guitars on his site.
    Hint... my initials are PLC.

Pete.

So what I've got a gen.1 3MPS and a harmonica that I can't play!

Very nice guitars. And I saw yours.

As you can probably tell, I'm a big fan of English Rock 'n Roll and it's incredible power and sound.
    I really miss being in a band

Hi Alan.

I've got a saxophone that I can't play.
    Maybe we should get together and form an anti-band.
    We could call ourselves SilverHair.
    Any body want to not play drums?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    So what I've got a gen.1 3MPS and a harmonica that I can't play!

Welcome to the forum Pete. Fine choice of car. Are you in the Glen Forrest area? I may have seen you on Hardey Rd one day.

Great to see that you are interested in our cruises. I think we are due for another cruise.

Hi Kmh.

Yep,that'd be me. I live in Darlington and have a mate on Glen Forrest Drive.
    Were you on Great Eastern Hwy near Bilgoman pool yesterday AM?

Looking forward to a cruise soon.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar69 View Post
    Were you on Great Eastern Hwy near Bilgoman pool yesterday AM?
    I was, but not in the MPS. The poor thing hasn't been driven for over a week. I'm going to fix that now though.

Gone to Volvo

15. Default

Hey, also saw the guitar thing and had a look.

I have a Takamine Dreadnaught acoustic, really good for country-style music, great sounding guitar, had it from new nearly 13 years.
    I also have a Suzuki Les Paul replica, mild sunburst in colour, needs a bit of an overhaul as it was one of my dad's mates' guitars he got when he was around 15, so I'm guessing it's around 35 years old now. Needs new jack port since it has earthing issues, but the dual humbuckers are awesome.
    Last of all I have a cheap small elec/acoustic and it was cheap.... so it sounds rather average. Maybe we need an OzMPS jam sometime??

While we're talking guitars, I have a 1989 Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat (USA)

Hardly ever play it anymore now though. Sits tucked away in its flight case.

17. Default

Where do you live and how much do you want for it??? Also, what sort of condition is it in?

Hi Dr Teeth & Mr Fiend.
    Thanks for the replies.
    Leaving a strat in it's case is a bit like locking an MPS in the garage and not driving it.
    Can be hard to find the time though.

I don't mind the odd bit of jam but I prefer marmalade!

Quote Originally Posted by guitar69 View Post
    Hi Dr Teeth & Mr Fiend.
    Thanks for the replies.
    Leaving a strat in it's case is a bit like locking an MPS in the garage and not driving it.
    Can be hard to find the time though.
    Yeah, I just don't have the time anymore. Sold my amp a couple of years back but held onto the Strat for sentimental reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    Where do you live and how much do you want for it??? Also, what sort of condition is it in?
    Hi Mate, I'm in Melb (Surrey Hills). Hadn't really planned on selling it nor have I really looked into what it'd be worth. Aside from a couple of small nicks it's in pretty much mint condition.

Happy if you want to PM me to discuss.

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast