User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official: All-new Mazda3 MPS to Premiere at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    might go for a drive at lunch... see what the local dealership knows about it !!
    Doubt they would but let us know...I might do the same with my local on Friday when I drop mine in for a service.
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

Quote Originally Posted by 2000MN View Post
    If that keyhole remains on the rear hatch, then.......... EPIC FAIL!! Hopefully the wheels are 18x8 this time around... Doesn't look too bad overall, still won't be buying another MPS.

I dont think its keyhole, looks like one of those butons i have seen in the genki to open the boot or could be a rear camera? Either way it does not look good in there.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Urgh. Really, really don't like it. The front end looks ridiculous, i can imagine Japanese girls with hello kitty air fresheners hanging from their mirror driving it around but that's about it. The bonnet scoop just screams rice, if i wanted a rice mobile there are plenty of other options out there. The back looks ok except for the stupid keyhole but thats about it. I certainly wont be rushing down to trade in.

I wasnt sure at first but i reckon once we see it in the flesh or zoom zooming in the street it will change many people's minds.

I dont think its keyhole, looks like one of those butons i have seen in the genki to open the boot or could be a rear camera? Either way it does not look good in there.
    not sure on the button as it still has finger recess for release ?? maybe a camera ?? stupid spot though....

Blog Entries

I'm happy to report that Mazda has sent me personally the teaser video of the new MPS 3!

[YOUTUBE]Nr3_k7ctgcY[/YOUTUBE]

Blog Entries

Agree with hellion - back looks hot, front is uuuuggggglllllyyyy...

yea don't know about that grill but the rest looks good. I will have to wait to see one in the flesh before I decide to buy one.

hmm i think in the flesh its going to looks heaps better !!

looks tough there i rekon... bonnet looks huge !!
    Last edited by PaulG; 04-02-2009 at 12:20 PM.

Well it does look nice in the video, ill give it that.

dOttY Guest

Um....I think I'll give this one a miss.

The more I look at it, the more I hate the dumbarsed smile it has on the front of it. And that keyhole, were they thinking? ! Yuck.

But who knows, until I see it for real.... *shrugs*

12. Default

Hmmmmm.. The front end still doesnt work for me..

No word of Revo-knuckle, and they note the use of " i-stop".

Maz has been on such a good run since 2006 with the MPS, and all I can say at this point.. I-stop buying MPS's

Black Evo X (or XI) on my list FTW! The front of the Evo looks like the head of a Cylon from the old Battlestar Galactica series - evil and nasty.. hmmm I love BG!
    Last edited by Wardski; 04-02-2009 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Definately not the same

Yeah..... Huge difference..... NOT

Same with the Territory Turbo.....

Put a IC in front of the radiator where it can do what it's supposed to do....

HellionXR6T Guest

yeap FMIC FTW

More I look at it, more I'd swing to a FPV Focus if I went down the "Hot Hatch" path again Even the Fiesta has better lines...lol.

The Front I can't handle, ....It's way too Ghey for my liking. Looks too much like the 2 with the more stylized, accented curves, lines down the side, etc.... Over all, the attempt to make the car a little more 3D. I think they tried too hard.

Then again as people have said... Seeing one in the flesh may change people's perspective on the over all look of the car. The images may not be doing the car any justice. I'd still like to check one out when they hit the dealers just out of curiosity.

Must agree with evryone here. The front on that car is UGLY. I do like the back though.

I was really unsure if I would buy an MPS again but at least know I know that I won't.

I think it just may take a bit of time to grow on everyone. The new WRX looks crap in every pic of seen, but in person it looks heaps better. I think the case will be the same for the new MPS.....

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    I think it just may take a bit of time to grow on everyone. The new WRX looks crap in every pic of seen, but in person it looks heaps better. I think the case will be the same for the new MPS.....
    I dont think its going to work in this case. Just look at the sales figures for Subie.. Down right terrible compared to even the 05-07 (alfa romeo) looking front.

IMO, what Maz needed to do was to work on the mechanical abilities of the car, not the styling. It already had style that crapped over anything Mitsu and Subaru, including Ford, put together. Now we have a grinner, not a winner.

Maybe when the sales figures drop, they'll quickly release the 2011 version without the "smile" and fix such a disasterous mistake

Blog Entries

Sounds another mazda facelift fix *sigh*

HellionXR6T Guest

Ward, well put actually.... (Although I'd own a focus at a drop of a hat over this new MPS, way sexier lookin, handles better, feels better then the current, but that's just me)...

Be interesting to see what the 2011 model will bring to the table. The new offering with the same power levels, more torque steer controlling BS to make 1st n 2nd safer......hmmm.

2011 may be a very exciting time for the "hot hatches". The competition is going to be fierce as it's the market that will be more concentrated on in the future...Mitsubishi, Subaru, Mazda, Ford, Suzuki, VW. Should be an interesting time with a lot of competition...

Quote Originally Posted by noetzy View Post
    Hmmm, got to agree with Hellion...
    Typical ford owners

Alcohol - Some Of The Best Times, You Will Never Remember

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast