User Tag List

Thread: Wife used interior cleaner on her cx7 exterior ???!!

Default Wife used interior cleaner on her cx7 exterior ???!!

hey all

the wife has used interior cleaner on a small bit of the body on the car?

i have to admit i did pour the interior cleaner into a old wax as you dry container as the orignal interior container's noozle broke ( it had the label ripped off so atleast i knew what touse it on and what not to lol )

anyway will this harm the paint ? should i give the car a polish asap?

cheers kris
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

I don't think it would harm the paint, its more paint stripper, acetone, fuels etc that I would be worried about. I would just give the car a wash over just to get any unwanted possible build-up or at the very least a rinse.

I bet people wonder why your car smells so fresh and clean upon a drive-by now!

If it was going to do any damage you'd already know by now mate.

People use All Purpose Cleaner sometimes on the exterior anyway. Your product would be close to this if not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    People use All Purpose Cleaner sometimes on the exterior anyway. Your product would be close to this if not the same.
    That'd be only the 100% water-based cleaners though right Joel?

Some older and/or cheaper interior cleaners use an alcohol base? That'd be a big no no on the paintwork.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    That'd be only the 100% water-based cleaners though right Joel?
    That's right. The products I am referring to are water based.

While were on the topic of interior cleaners, I have the very occasional chocolate bar in the car. Unfortunately it (not me) dropped a couple of crumbs and has now left a stain on the material part of the seat. I was thinking of using a steam carpet cleaner to draw out the stain. But it seems a bit excessive just for that little spot. I feel a spray on cleaner would only wipe over the top and not get into the material. Any advice there 'oh polish king'?

This is what I use...

Family Vax <-- click here

A wet 'n' dry Vax, put soapy water in and work away and the end result is all the dirt lifted from the interior carpet and seats. Can be thick and brown sludgy water if your car was really dirty. Brilliant, and the smell after done is much lighter in the car, not stuffy. Works better than most if not all spray on cleaners.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    While were on the topic of interior cleaners, I have the very occasional chocolate bar in the car. Unfortunately it (not me) dropped a couple of crumbs and has now left a stain on the material part of the seat. I was thinking of using a steam carpet cleaner to draw out the stain. But it seems a bit excessive just for that little spot. I feel a spray on cleaner would only wipe over the top and not get into the material. Any advice there 'oh polish king'?
    A cleaner "may" remove it but its never a guarantee. Especially with that chocolate you might just fade it and a light stain will still be there.

Cleaning it by hand works in the same fashion. You soak it and then draw the product out. If its only a small spot it should come out. If there is enough chocolate there to spread the problem I would be careful! Could end up looking like a poo stain!

poo stain

last time i had small oil (sausage roll in a paper bag) stain i wanted to get rid of i put really hot water into 2 coke bottles added a little car wash liquid. went down the local car wash and poured and rubbed a little while using their vacuum. it sucked the liquid out completely as I was going and I was able to add more as I worked out the stain, all good and was dry almost instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    A cleaner "may" remove it but its never a guarantee. Especially with that chocolate you might just fade it and a light stain will still be there.

Cleaning it by hand works in the same fashion. You soak it and then draw the product out. If its only a small spot it should come out. If there is enough chocolate there to spread the problem I would be careful! Could end up looking like a poo stain!
    You just had to say poo!!! Geez.

These are some good ideas, but I really like the Vax. We are needing a new vacuum cleaner at some stage. Thanks Andre, I will have a shop around.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    You just had to say poo!!! Geez.