User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just brought mps 3 my 08 2008

Default just brought mps 3 my 08 2008

wat should i do to it first to make it drive better a little bit more power
    as i dont know much about these motors

to the forums
    the 2 biggest restrictions to a gen 1 is the airbox and dump pipe
    seeing as you're in brisbane, i suggest that you go talk to troy/2XS, he'll be able to help you out with the dump pipe
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/2xs-r...tml#post137949
    as for the airbox, you can either get a SRI/CAI for it, or do the "airbox mod" which involves cutting a hole in the side of the airbox
    http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/sea...1--intake.html
    last "easy" option is either a front mount intercooler, or a new top mount
    for a FMIC, see 2XS
    for a TMIC, HYPERFLOW | Intercoolers | Catch Cans | WRX | FORD | Active Exhaust | — 06-08 Mazda Turbo MPS3 (TMIC)
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

A rear engine mount will go well too.
    also a short shift plate (troy has these)
    Have fun!

Welcome to the Forum, what side of Brisbane do you live...

Haltech Tune, Sports Exhaust and Mod Airbox has put me on 189KWATW / 483.9NM / 250Hp at the wheels....

http://www.atsperformance.com.au/
    Last edited by 240MPS; 27-10-2010 at 08:45 AM.

Hi there rowan and

What can't you do! There are plenty of mods to be done to the MPS to get a little or a lot more power, it all comes down to budget really. Basically, intake and exhaust are typical modifications that can be changed from factory to increase flow, reduce resistance and create more usable power. More advanced mods include turbo modifications, intercoolers, & tune. If you were to chase modifying for performance, may I suggest considering a decent handling set-up to obtain more usable power to the road and encourange less body roll and more flatness around corners. Like I said, it depends on budget.

Although I have a 6MPS you're welcome to see my RR (see my signature and click) thread to get an idea on some typical mods. I have taken the time to create the thread with pictures and descriptions of all the work carried out along with a few price estimates. It's a bit long so if you wish, just read my comments and write-ups to get the basic info.

Enjoy ozMPSclub and your car!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Welcome

just be aware of warranty issues with certain mods. most bolt on stuff should be fine however.

I have an 08 MPS3 as well and the first thing I did was a rear engine mount. I've modded my stock airbox as well.

Rear sway bar is also a good idea

What benifit has the rear engine mount got?

I got a 2008 MPS3 too

Quote Originally Posted by buzurk View Post

I got a 2008 MPS3 too
    Lots of info on this in the forums mate.

As a starting point, see:

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...pressions.html

and

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...installed.html
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by langer5489 View Post
    A rear engine mount will go well too.
    I'd suggest start here!

But also, perhaps a CES Racing SRI as well.

Quote Originally Posted by buzurk View Post

I got a 2008 MPS3 too
    Less wheel hop under heavy foot - power to the ground better, drives TOTALLY different. Less movement in spirited runs, means easier gear shifts too!
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

im on the northside caboolture

Quote Originally Posted by rowan6012 View Post
    im on the northside caboolture
    The good side of town I see, well your close to some great tuners from Allstar Tuning in Brendale and Jake who races the MPS 3 and runs the Caboolture Mazda or the motorsport side of things in Narangba....
    The boys will look after all OzMpsClub members with discounts just mention your from the club.....

i brought the car off jake brought a few from him i live in narangba also work at burson auto parts to

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...rd-cruise.html

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...ov-2010-a.html

That's great to here, we have a cruise coming up on the 21st of November and Allstar Tuning have a road event on the 20th of November if your keen... and meet some members...
    Last edited by 240MPS; 03-11-2010 at 10:51 PM.

Welcome.....hope to see you on the next cruise. Mod wise, can't go past an intake (SRI or CAI, take your pick) and SSP to start with as well as the CP-e engine mount. As SarcasticOne said, definelty PM 2XS (Troy) for more info as he's a site supporter (2XS Racing) and local QLDer
    Last edited by steinez; 04-11-2010 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rowan6012 View Post
    wat should i do to it first to make it drive better a little bit more power
    as i dont know much about these motors
    Work out a budget and a plan for your mods. Where do you want to go? Fuel econ, cruising, circuit/track, drags, quicker street car?

Performance mods vs handling mods.

SRI, DP, FMIC are the first in line for performance.
    Motor mount, springs, rims and tyres for handling.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

yeah man im there mate get to meet new people

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

thanks for every ones help ordered all the stuff that you s recomonded

Hey Rowan, had a meeting with Jake this morning for the Baton Relay and dropped in to your work and had a look around didn't want to disturb you or get you in trouble????? saw the clean car outside mine was looking worse for wear, hopefully catch up on the 21st of November cruise......

tru nice yeah shes all ways nice and clean yeah we will catch up on 21 st

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast