User Tag List

Thread: Bypass BOSE Sub?

Default Bypass BOSE Sub?

Hey guys been considering doing some minor mods to the Standard BOSE audio system. I got a MPS 3 so sub is under passenger seat.

I actually dont find the standard system to bad except the door speakers do alot of bass/mid work considering the car has a sub.

I was considering installing small 10" sub in boot space and connecting this to current bose amp by using the connector that powers current bose Sub. So basically disconnect Bose Sub and then get new wiring from amp to new sub in hatch. Is this possible?

After i do this i might get the audio re tuned so it divides the frequency to better matched speakers. Only reason i thinking this is if i go on cruises or need boot space just disconnect new sub and re attach bose sub.

Im only looking at more punchy low bass and have the doors do less bass themselves to focus on mid to high along with tweeters.
    Thoughts? Pointless?

Cheers Jame
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

I agree that the stock bose system seems to send too much bass to the door speakers. I'm keen to see what you come up with

Yeah i know, i've heard something from tower audio saying they recalibrated the speakers and sent bass to sub but i doubt the sub would punch as much as a in box one would.

Also if doors run less bass shouldn't that mean less rattles in door?

Yeah exactly. The vibes through the doors are shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    I agree that the stock bose system seems to send too much bass to the door speakers. I'm keen to see what you come up with
    I can't speak for the 3MPS, but in the 6MPS it's really an audio illusion that a lot of bass comes from the door speakers. When you disconnect the sub, the bass virtually disappears, suggesting it was never coming from the door speakers in the first place.

Not saying you're wrong, just reckon you should try disconnecting the sub before making expensive decisions.

Gone to Volvo

Might try this thanks

I too think the bose system isnt too bad. obviously it can be shitloads better with aftermarket stuff.

anyways, when I installed my new headunit, I set the HPF on the headunit to 60hz and it cleaned it up very nicely. not boomy anymore. this means the sub now doesnt do the lower notes, but neither do the door speakers.

bakis, I want your sunroof tried so hard to find a 2008 Aurora Blue sports pack with sunroof. would've been ultimate