User Tag List

Thread: MPS Front Drive seat replacement

Default MPS Front Drive seat replacement

Not sure where to post this....
    But I'm really keen on replacing the MPS driver seat with a nice quality reclinable bucket seat. Was wondering if I will face any problems since there is a airbags on the OEM seats?
    Cheers
    Hai

Probably. Would be worth asking the registration authorities in your state.

Realistically, I don't like your chances of having a seat change made roadworthy. But if you go down that path good luck and post the process here for others to learn from

Illegal. Period. For road use that is.

Cant change the seat cause it has an airbag in it

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    Illegal. Period. For road use that is.

Cant change the seat cause it has an airbag in it

recaro has some with airbag..,it should be fine.

cha ching

was wondering are the aribag sensor plug the same with any seat with airbags?
    if so, might try source some nice fiting seats then

It'll still be illegal. SRS are a huge saftey device (obviously), but what some people don't understand, that if any airbag goes of wrong, the damn things CAN and WILL kill the person behind it.

Don't risk it. You'll throw codes for starters, and when that happens, ALL of your airbags in your car will shut down and they will not work!
    But then again, what would I know. I just a mechanic in a dealership...

^ scary stuff. I was scared to take the passenger side seat out in case the airbag blew up in my face lol. There are aftermarket seats with airbags in them, but they will cost prob 2-3times more. What happens in the event the airbag deploys? the replacement will be hell expensive. just not worth it for the bling factor. if you need more hugging power on the track, get a harness and/or a bucket seat just for the track
    Last edited by lup15; 26-10-2010 at 11:19 PM.

thanks for the inputs
    just thought if mazda made some nice huging seats with airbags, i could just pop them in the mps

I looked at recaro ones ad I used to work in moorabbin and it was close. Looked at something similar to what is in the rs focus but with airbags. Was around 3800 not fitted! Decided that day that I quite like the seats in the mps.

Quote Originally Posted by HaiiSon View Post
    thanks for the inputs
    just thought if mazda made some nice huging seats with airbags, i could just pop them in the mps
    Mazda do make nice hugging seats: they're called 3MPS seats. Seriously though, I love the 3MPS seats and I've given a lot of thought to putting 3MPS seats in my 6MPS. They are a thousand times better than the planks of wood in the 6MPS.

If nothing else, I hope it makes you feel better about keeping them stock.

Gone to Volvo

The seats in the Peugeot!

RX-8 seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o dam those seats in the peugeot is what im talkn about

Stock standard Recaro seats, very, very comfortable!

Yeah i like the RX8 Gt seats, there is also a mx5 that has nice recaros in it. saw it at the motorshow.

Yea forgot about the RX8 GT seats, they look nice too. Think they would be the best option being mazda already

Yea, always wondered about this one. The other day i was hanging about the dealerships and got to sat in a Recaros from RX8 GT and the MX-5 Limited Ed with the BBS rims. Very comfortable... They shoulda came with the Gen 2.. Wonder if they are able to be replaced directly (without too much work) cause i'm sure they got airbags in them too..