User Tag List

Thread: How to remove cockpit parts ?

1. Default How to remove cockpit parts ?

Hi

you guys know how to remove the cockpit parts from the pic ?

i want to take them off to put a carbon fiber vynil from 3M, dont like much that shinny grey finish

thanks

and this part too :

Last edited by thundercatpt; 24-10-2010 at 01:40 AM.

Hi TC, Just make sure you do it REALLY REALLY well with no bubbles or lifting of the new surface you plan on using. I find it hard to recommend, however. It will be almost impossible to remove when done, hard to remove the adhesive even if you do get the vinyl off, and attempts to do so will almost certainly degrade the original surface. Either way, the slightest cock-up will badly affect resale. Done well it could look OK, but you will need to be brave, in my view.

But if you are hell-bent on doing it, snap out the centre console drinks holder assy first by pressing in on the edges and lifting up, then remove the gear knob, then lift the gearshift section by snapping that up and out the same was as for the cup holder, then undo the bolts securing the radio/aircon section under the panel exposed beneath the aircon knobs. Don't slip with a screwdriver if you are using one to tweeze up the edges, or you will scratch the surfaces and make your "vinyling" job harder. Hunt on this site for better detail than I have provided. KMH001 gave a good summary a while back.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Hi TC, Just make sure you do it REALLY REALLY well with no bubbles or lifting of the new surface you plan on using. I find it hard to recommend, however. It will be almost impossible to remove when done, hard to remove the adhesive even if you do get the vinyl off, and attempts to do so will almost certainly degrade the original surface. Either way, the slightest cock-up will badly affect resale. Done well it could look OK, but you will need to be brave, in my view.

But if you are hell-bent on doing it, snap out the centre console drinks holder assy first by pressing in on the edges and lifting up, then remove the gear knob, then lift the gearshift section by snapping that up and out the same was as for the cup holder, then undo the bolts securing the radio/aircon section under the panel exposed beneath the aircon knobs. Don't slip with a screwdriver if you are using one to tweeze up the edges, or you will scratch the surfaces and make your "vinyling" job harder. Hunt on this site for better detail than I have provided. KMH001 gave a good summary a while back.

thanks

the vynil i bought is the DI-NOC 3M , expensive but bubble free , its different from the others you see selling , very good , already did the job on my ford and looks perfect , search the web for CARBON FIBER 3M DI-NOC

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

1m1f video - Mazda 6 Mittelkonsole Radio ausbauen Teil 2 videos

Hi TC, can you post a pic of the previous job? Be interested to see the effect. Chs.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Hi TC, can you post a pic of the previous job? Be interested to see the effect. Chs.
    yes ill take some pics