User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CES/2XS DP - Simply awesome

Post CES/2XS DP - Simply awesome

After a nice run down to CES yesterday morning to meet up with Troy (2XS) my CES/2XS Twin DP is now installed.
    First impression.....WOW.....after listening to everyone go on about DP's, now I know why. The CES/2XS Twin DP is as the title suggest......freakin awesome.
    Car has an awesome note to it now and a noticeable power increase now that the restrictive stock DP is gone.
    I went with a mild steel option and a 200 cell CAT as really didn't see the point in stainless option, but it's there for anyone interested. Also option of single instead of twin so everone is catered for.
    All up took Troy about 4.5 hours to install which is a great turn around after reading other threads about install times. My car has over 25K on the clock and there was no issues with getting o2 sensors out.
    After leaving CES and heading back up the highway it was between the 3K and 6k rev range where I noticed it the most. Over all acceleration feels heaps punchier when planting the foot and surprises the sh!t out of nearby motorists
    This is definelty bang for buck and I would highly recommend anyone thinking of a DP to speak with Troy and the guys at CES. Big thanks to Troy for a painless install and haivng me back on the road quickly
    Oh and for those wondering about CEL's......NONE
    And now for some pics of 2XS handy work....will post more in Mazspace later
    CES/2XS Single and Twin DP
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0859.jpg 
Views:	797 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	5911
    CES/2XS Twin DP

Name:	IMG_0869.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	5912
    Twin DP

Name:	IMG_0861.JPG 
Views:	216 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	5914
    200 Cell CAT

Name:	IMG_0863.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	5915
    Last edited by steinez; 23-10-2010 at 04:47 PM.
    2009 3MPS Lux | Aluminium | 3M Black Tint | CES Racing SRI | 2XS SSP | 2XS/ CES Twin DP | 2XS TIP | 2XS FMIC | cp-e 75 duro REM | Turbosmart BPV | Sure Motorsports - Countershift & Anchors | Eibach Pro Kit Springs

Nice work mate. I was always wondering about the twin setup after I got mine installed. Looking forward to the Chiptorque dyno day for some numbers.

See you tomorrow?

very impressive
    love to see a comparison between this and a BM DP
    all the same, it's great to see that the local scene is starting to kick off, all QLD'ers, support CES/2XS
    btw, what is the difference between (other than looks) of the twin and single set up?
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Will be there tomorrow....looking forward to a nice long run. Heading back to All Star this week for another dyno to see what the gains are. See you in the morning

Looks terrific.

Good to hear about no CELs also..... obviously keen to avoid those when I eventually do my DP.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    very impressive
    love to see a comparison between this and a BM DP
    all the same, it's great to see that the local scene is starting to kick off, all QLD'ers, support CES/2XS
    btw, what is the difference between (other than looks) of the twin and single set up?
    Totally agree, can't wait to see comparison between the two but gotta find ppl with similar setups, eg: SRI as what I am running. Will be posting dyno results in this thread next week.
    Yeah really good to see that QLD has some great local fabricators and installers to get the job done right. CES is awesome to deal with and having Troy back there now is even better
    Single vs Twin.....know that other cars CES have done show better results with twin....technical comments pls Troy.......
    2009 3MPS Lux | Aluminium | 3M Black Tint | CES Racing SRI | 2XS SSP | 2XS/ CES Twin DP | 2XS TIP | 2XS FMIC | cp-e 75 duro REM | Turbosmart BPV | Sure Motorsports - Countershift & Anchors | Eibach Pro Kit Springs

The twin DP acts like an external wastegate setup. I wouldn't run anything else.

The option is there for those that "think" the single DP is best. More options for the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Looks terrific.

Good to hear about no CELs also..... obviously keen to avoid those when I eventually do my DP.
    Cheers Dan. Don't expect to get any CEL's at all as lot of R&D time put in by 2XS and CES to avoid them. Will post video soon for full effect......

Good to see another aussie option!

Quote Originally Posted by steinez View Post
    Will be there tomorrow....looking forward to a nice long run. Heading back to All Star this week for another dyno to see what the gains are. See you in the morning
    Mind if I come? ;p
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Mind if I come? ;p
    Not at all, sounds good to me was going to call Richard Monday as couldn't get a hold of him Friday.....will chat to you tomorrow about preferred day.

Not at all, sounds good to me was going to call Richard Monday as couldn't get a hold of him Friday.....will chat to you tomorrow about preferred day.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Cheers Dan. Don't expect to get any CEL's at all as lot of R&D time put in by 2XS and CES to avoid them. Will post video soon for full effect......
    Yes! Moar Vid!!!!
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

keep the after market parts coming.......................... go troy
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

So cant wait to see/hear this! I wanty...!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    I think Richard was away with the race crew..... I think....

Good to see Troy and CES back working together

Any plans of releasing a of the shelf price??? I'd be keen,

Last edited by 2XS; 24-10-2010 at 02:14 PM.

how much extra is the ceramic coating? or is that just black paint... lol
    Last edited by lup15; 28-10-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast