User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CES/2XS DP - Simply awesome

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    how much extra is the ceramic coating? or is that just black paint... lol
    Please ask price related questions in my thread. This is Steinz opinion thread.

So, is there much of a difference between CES's Twin DP and BM DP?

Other than being made by different companies?

One is a bellmouth type, the other is a divorced or twin type. They use different catalytic converters. Google can tell you what all that means...

Either will be a massive performance improvement on the stock dump pipe.

also, i know the BM one allows you to easily swap the cat in/out
    so if you need to get it emissions tested, can swap out the 100 CEL one for a 200CEL

There is a lot of debate on the various forums over single vs split dump pipes. It all hinges around how the splitter is arranged and how it interferes with the flows, overall diameter of the turbo and DP ports and how they align with each other, the entry point of the smaller line back into the main exhaust, the scavenging effects achieved by it, and last but not least, how much room you have to accommodate the larger set up of the twin system. In this league, I'd say the gains of one over the other at equivalent levels of engineering quality would be so small as to be barely measurable, and I've read accounts of folks trying both in the search for more power with little conclusive support for a particular style. So it is a matter of personal preference, I guess. This one looks tidy.

The one thing that can be said, and which I have said before, is that a good after-market DP is the single best and cheapest $/Kw gain modification you can do.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 04-11-2010 at 11:51 AM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by steviekfc View Post
    So, is there much of a difference between CES's Twin DP and BM DP?
    There is only quality/workshop differences for the single/bellmouth DPs, but, alot of difference between the twin and single DPs. The twin DP acts like an external wastegate setup and allows boost to come on quicker and creates less turbulence after the turbo and helps to hold boost longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    Other than being made by different companies?

One is a bellmouth type, the other is a divorced or twin type. They use different catalytic converters. Google can tell you what all that means...

Either will be a massive performance improvement on the stock dump pipe.
    We use a 200cell cat at CES, because the 100cell is illegal for road use. You can also get a cat delete pipe, 100cell or Euro 4 cat option with ours (for extra cost).
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

[QUOTE=2XS;139423]There is only quality/workshop differences for the single/bellmouth DPs, but, alot of difference between the twin and single DPs. The twin DP acts like an external wastegate setup and allows boost to come on quicker and creates less turbulence after the turbo and helps to hold boost longer.

I asked the same questions with the boys at Allstar Tuning and the orange writing is nearly word for word needed to find out for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    There is only quality/workshop differences for the single/bellmouth DPs, but, alot of difference between the twin and single DPs. The twin DP acts like an external wastegate setup and allows boost to come on quicker and creates less turbulence after the turbo and helps to hold boost longer.

We use a 200cell cat at CES, because the 100cell is illegal for road use. You can also get a cat delete pipe, 100cell or Euro 4 cat option with ours (for extra cost).
    Have to agree, boost comes on alot quicker than stock DP and feels like it holds longer too.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    also, i know the BM one allows you to easily swap the cat in/out
    so if you need to get it emissions tested, can swap out the 100 CEL one for a 200CEL
    +1.....Great thing about CES/2XS DP as well, interchangeable CAT....options as per Troy's comments.

[QUOTE=240MPS;139460]
    Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post

I asked the same questions with the boys at Allstar Tuning and the orange writing is nearly word for word needed to find out for myself.
    Thought you'd do your own investgiations See you at Allstar for the post install dyno run
    2009 3MPS Lux | Aluminium | 3M Black Tint | CES Racing SRI | 2XS SSP | 2XS/ CES Twin DP | 2XS TIP | 2XS FMIC | cp-e 75 duro REM | Turbosmart BPV | Sure Motorsports - Countershift & Anchors | Eibach Pro Kit Springs

...Numbers yet?

so i should get CES's twin dump pipe then.
    thanks haha. thats all i needed.
    So its 1099 for the dump, and how much for install Troy?
    Ill have to come up soon and get it done pending my tax return.

and how much for install Troy?
    A fair wack apparently (anywhere you go, cus it takes a few hours...)

so i should get CES's twin dump pipe then.
    thanks haha. thats all i needed.
    So its 1099 for the dump, and how much for install Troy?
    Ill have to come up soon and get it done pending my tax return.
    $400, includes O2 harness extension.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12