User Tag List

Thread: Gen 2 Cruise control Fix

Smile Gen 2 Cruise control Fix

Mazda HO yesterday advised me that a poss software fix for disconnecting cruise control.
    Local dealer had been contacted and been issued with totally new PCM from Mazda for my car. Car booked for new install and will advise of results.
    Thanks to all members who contacted Melbourne HO re this prob, does take time but Mazda have acted with software upgrade for poss fix.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...tml#post136516

hope this works, cause it sounds like alot of gen 2 owners are experiencing this

Hope so considering the cost of a new PCM. $800 to $1000 .

How may I acquire this fix in a timely and most importantly, free fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Mazda HO yesterday advised me that a poss software fix for disconnecting cruise control.
    Local dealer had been contacted and been issued with totally new PCM from Mazda for my car. Car booked for new install and will advise of results.
    Thanks to all members who contacted Melbourne HO re this prob, does take time but Mazda have acted with software upgrade for poss fix.
    Hey Paul. Just had my car serviced and they knew nothing about the cruise controls issues.

Do you have anything official from MAZDA HO regarding this, or maybe a contact? Could you email me?

Brad.hall75@optusnet.com.au

Thanks
    Brad
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

I serviced my car yesterday and they also knew nothing about the cruise control issue.

They said it was normal operation....

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Hey Paul. Just had my car serviced and they knew nothing about the cruise controls issues.

Do you have anything official from MAZDA HO regarding this, or maybe a contact? Could you email me?

Brad.hall75@optusnet.com.au

Thanks
    Brad
    Brad ,email sent this date .
    Refer prev posts "What probs have u had with gen 11" Several owners have had new PCM installed for poss fix ,and a new part no has been issued for modified PCM.

8. Default

mine goes in on monday for 20K service. mentioned it to them over the phone when i booked it in. will see what response i get on the day. going to print these threads out either way before hand to at least have some sort of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post

hope this works, cause it sounds like alot of gen 2 owners are experiencing this
    I'll leave this up as a seperate thread and stickied too, as this has been a fairly widespread Gen II problem other owners may no doubt experience and come looking for solutions

For all other MPS Gen II problems please refer to this thread

R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

10. Default

ok so my car went in for a service yesterday. mentioned the cruise control issue which they said they would follow up on. received a call today from my service centre advising that there is a new part being released as a fix but is a few weeks away from being official. has ordered one in my name.