User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forged K1 rods and Wisco pistons

yep i know ....

carrillo rods and wiesco pistons on su! 500us for piston set! the rods are I beam though...:/
    Last edited by MPS2NV; 05-11-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    carrillo rods and wiesco pistons on su! 500us for piston set! the rods are I beam though...:/
    not going forged pistons.. only the rods
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    not going forged pistons.. only the rods
    They come with rings, pins and the coating, not bad! would consider it my friend

They come with rings, pins and the coating, not bad! would consider it my friend
    for the hp i will be running theres not enough reasons to get them. they wear quicker,noiser,have to wait for the car to get to running temp before moving,and eventually u will have to replace or resleave ur block cuz over time they turn ur bore to ovals! for someone like yourself who can put 500hp to the ground this would be a go .. not for my fwd 300-340hp is enough for me

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

the extra money can be used some where else

All engines should be warmed up anywaym, more so turbo engines, good pistons control heat transfer better and will increase reliablity, unfurtunatly once we walk away from stock thats thrown out the window anyway mate. Just putting out there

All engines should be warmed up anywaym, more so turbo engines, good pistons control heat transfer better and will increase reliablity, unfurtunatly once we walk away from stock thats thrown out the window anyway mate. Just putting out there
    thanks

thanks
    Are you relying on your bores to be perfect and using your current pistons or going factory oversize?

The bore should be ok, will need a hone to set the new pistons/rings. Im using NPR pistons/rings i hear there very good NIPPON PISTON RING CO., LTD.. I will measure the bores to make sure there right , seeing the bore is a harder metal than teh piston is very unlikely that its out of shape esp only doing 60000ks.

It is a go for the VVT Actulator $240 u.s + shipping DCR ( Darrell Cox Racing) has a actulator that will withstand the preasures of the heavier valve spring. These are made to order so theres a 1 week wait once order is placed Darrell Cox Racing (Powered by CubeCart)

I will be running NPR pistons these i feel are cheap for what they are Power Train Related Parts | Product Information | NIPPON PISTON RING CO., LTD. i can get them here for under $200..

I have been contacted by a member in the U.S forums who is trailing a new set of cams MZR DISI Cams - Exhaust: .348 lift with 204° @ .050" & Intake: .398 lift with 216° @ .050"; LSA = 115° for those tech junkies here is the lift and duration on exhaust and inlet. feel free to express opinions ( not 100% sure if i will run the cams as yet? a though at the moment) these run with th VVT
    In regards to the vvt actuator, did you find out what materials the part was made out of? Im also assuming that the part is a stronger, more reliable alternative but does not add a performance gain?

No performance gain, allows u to use heavier springs . they strengthen the pin that snaps in the VVt actulator when the cam desides not to move on start up

going along slowy, modding is a slow race. just waiting on turbo 3076 and mani, courior could find MPSG, so turbo heading back to Troy. Will try another address mine or one MPSG will provide. we will get there. But all other parts are there and going in

going along slowy, modding is a slow race. just waiting on turbo 3076 and mani, courior could find MPSG, so turbo heading back to Troy. Will try another address mine or one MPSG will provide. we will get there. But all other parts are there and going in
    it's not that hard to find them...
    im thinking lazy courier...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Its bullshit im so pissed off at it. Not hard to ring them ask where are u's or when someone will be there ( if they dont have there number ring troy ask for contact number) !!!!!!!!!!!!!! the more i think about it the more pissed off im getting. Had organised Troy, MPSG all the courior had to do was GET IT THERE. now its giving everyone a ****ing head ache

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123