User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forged K1 rods and Wisco pistons

From what i have found out, standard oem pistons will hold 400whp. which is well within my limits.
    Mazdaspeed Forums

2. Default

^ so, you now prepare to change to forged rods only and continue using stock pistons?

how about the flywheel?
    there is a 15lbs one on the streetunit site, i think it's too light, if i were you, i prefer the 22lbs come with ACT's clutch kits.

Good to see somebody who is realistic and after real world performance, and not after a big number to brag about or taking race car theory and trying to apply it to a road car.

If I was you, if/when thinking about cam shafts, have a chat to a boat engine builder.
    Their engines are usually much better for low down power and a broader and more usuable power range.
    Most car builders go for large power up high, again, race car theory, and looking for that high brag worthy figure.

I have just bought a set of carillro rods to suit oem pistons through MPS garage. Daniel is great ... ask daniel for a price .. since carillro are great/best rods i went with them and they fit oem win
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 27-10-2010 at 09:02 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

+1 Luke

Sounding like this is really going to be something special mate

I reckon BNR has a Stage3 Turbo with your name on it Luke

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    I have just bought a set of carillro rods to suit oem pistons through MPS garage. Daniel is great ... ask daniel for a price .. since carillro are great/best rods i went with them and they fit oem win
    Carillro rods are outstanding rods! We use them a lot in the jetski industry with a lot of the super stock or enduro boats in some very very high spec motors.
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

awesome!

Very nice luke, heading the right way!

i have hit a problem with heavier valve springs. heavier valve springs = break vvt actulators.. to fix this i have to upgrade the vvt, but that will cost more $$ dame... so i will have to rethink this, i know these engines are fine to 7200rpm maybe with small cams 7500rpm before i have to do valve springs.. ( im tryn to get as much info as i can to get what i want out of these engines but on a $$ budget )

Im onto something to fix problem with the vvt actulator! when running heavier valve springs the pin breaks in the actulator on start up when tryn to turn the cams.. will post links up soon when i have some def answers ( if they will send to australia and price)

sounds promissing mate good luck

It is a go for the VVT Actulator $240 u.s + shipping DCR ( Darrell Cox Racing) has a actulator that will withstand the preasures of the heavier valve spring. These are made to order so theres a 1 week wait once order is placed Darrell Cox Racing (Powered by CubeCart)

I will be running NPR pistons these i feel are cheap for what they are Power Train Related Parts | Product Information | NIPPON PISTON RING CO., LTD. i can get them here for under $200..

I have been contacted by a member in the U.S forums who is trailing a new set of cams MZR DISI Cams - Exhaust: .348 lift with 204° @ .050" & Intake: .398 lift with 216° @ .050"; LSA = 115° for those tech junkies here is the lift and duration on exhaust and inlet. feel free to express opinions ( not 100% sure if i will run the cams as yet? a though at the moment) these run with th VVT

Im onto something to fix problem with the vvt actulator! when running heavier valve springs the pin breaks in the actulator on start up when tryn to turn the cams.. will post links up soon when i have some def answers ( if they will send to australia and price)
    Think you might find the vvt has had this prob in early engines, later model have hardend pin so may not be affected???

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Think you might find the vvt has had this prob in early engines, later model have hardend pin so may not be affected???
    Even the revised vvt's have broken. so i have read in the u.s forums

It is a go for the VVT Actulator $240 u.s + shipping DCR ( Darrell Cox Racing) has a actulator that will withstand the preasures of the heavier valve spring. These are made to order so theres a 1 week wait once order is placed Darrell Cox Racing (Powered by CubeCart)

I will be running NPR pistons these i feel are cheap for what they are Power Train Related Parts | Product Information | NIPPON PISTON RING CO., LTD. i can get them here for under $200..

I have been contacted by a member in the U.S forums who is trailing a new set of cams MZR DISI Cams - Exhaust: .348 lift with 204° @ .050" & Intake: .398 lift with 216° @ .050"; LSA = 115° for those tech junkies here is the lift and duration on exhaust and inlet. feel free to express opinions ( not 100% sure if i will run the cams as yet? a though at the moment) these run with th VVT
    Shipping for the VVT actulator Priority Mail (6-10 days)- $45.00

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Found out that the cams in our cars, lift,duration are able to rev 8000rpm. But the Valve springs cannot they get valve float at 7500rpm so they will only be able to do 7000-7200.

So you could get your springs, vvt, exhaust cam, do some minor head work and you will have something not over the top

not 100% sure at this stage still chasing info.. but the 100% valve springs are on the cards, 95% VVT, cams 40% now... if i wanted 8000-9000rpm i would need cams.. as i have got a few quotes for full bottom end balance thats 120% done

balancing isn't very expensive mate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast