User Tag List

Thread: Cutting Out/hesitation/random

1. Default Cutting Out/hesitation/random

Hey guys I have a serious issue with my 3 mps 06 it's in
    Immaculate cond in and out motor always serviced on Time

But last few months been having a very intermittent and random
    Problem il be driving at any-speeds and just cuts out in 1-6 gear usually btw
    2000-3000 revs , even from take off sometimes it won't even move All till I go back to Neutral rev rev and away I go , now I have been to 4 mechanics
    Mazda who re programed my comp and still happening spark plugs coils airflow all been checked anyyyyy ideas pleaseeeeee I'm going crazy

could be a sensor, my neo was doing something simular to this and it was only a couple months old. i told mazda it was a sensor but they couldnt find the problem till one day the ecu light came on sent a error. turned out to be the exhaust air sensor.. i would wagger a bet its that!

3. Default

Mmm I'm at Mazda now il get them to check it
    Never happens at mechanics but always with me

Will a dashhawk be able to log the issue when it happens? - assuming Mazda do their usual "problem didn't occur on our 5 minute test drive, therefore its not really happening" thing.

5. Default

Hey is that called the air fuel sensor?

I had a couple of dramatic engine deaths under mild acceleration away from intersections when I was on the stock ECU. Just as if all power had died in an instant, then picked up again in the next moment. It sure gets your attention. I haven't had one since with the Standback program. But I can't say if it's attributable to a single sensor or what I term a runaway or feral ECU.

This is why I don't like Airbus aircraft too much. It's all triple redundancy computer fly-by-wire stuff and all that, but when I saw one fail to spool up on command during a low pass at an air-show and fall flat into a forest, I figure I prefer cables to electrons. That said, I accept that the great length of aircraft now means that cables are no longer practicable - engineers would be driven mad re-rigging all the time, controls would go tight at altitude and slack in the heat.

"Recorded pilot's welcome aboard message: "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome aboard our latest addition to the company fleet of long-range aircraft. This is an aircraft embodying the latest design technology and it is entirely computer controlled. Nothing can go wrong....can go wrong....can go wrong....can go wrong"
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by Chico123 View Post
    Hey is that called the air fuel sensor?
    yes.

9. Default

That's exactly Right Doug so what ut saying is upgrade my ecu or change it or just a software upgrade
    Because i left Mazda still not fixed and there saying jt might be a air fuel sensor which is on
    The turbo pretty much and can cost up to 1600 to fix it so yeh need help !!!

Can you borrow a Dashhawk for a while and see if it logs any Error Codes that might relate?

I've never ever thrown a CEL in 5 years and since I have had a DH, I've never recorded an error code either. So even though I had what appeared to be an electronic hiccup (described above) before I installed the DH, there has been no sign of it in my error codes, so either it has gone or is waiting in the wings to surprise me. But my current occasional hiccup under post-boost lift-off doesn't represent itself as any kind of code. I've learned to drive to accommodate it now, and running higher rpm before applying heavier boost seems to result in a smoother drive. This suggests that my issue might be load-related, with the load sensor making an unwelcome adjustment at inopportune moments to compensate for increased load at relatively low rpm (bear in mind that in 6th on the freeway you can be cruising at 104kmh at 2500rpm - my tyres - or 100kmh on stock rubber) - but I admit that is but one theory I'm working on.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 22-10-2010 at 11:27 AM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

I've had this a couple of times more like the 3rd of Jan this year on a Opel cruise and then in Bathurst 3 times this year once leaving my accomadation 3rd gear out to 5000rpm and it felt like i hit a brick wall and pushed 4 ribs out in my chest out I managed to get 3 back in but had to see my doc to get the 4th in when i got back to brissy and twice coming down conrod straight.... I had error codes when i got back when Allstar checked it i have things done to my car but Richard puts it down to temp changes. 1st time was the Queen Mary Falls in the rain and climbing mountains and Bathurst so it could revolve around those things to because it hasn't happened again. I will see if it does it again in Bathurst this Feb...