User Tag List

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hypertech Max Energy Sport

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    shouldnt it go mods -> tune
    or is it different with this cause it's just a flash tune rather than a custom tune?
    would have thought i should hold off until i got more stuff done, then flash/tune it...
    This is more so the thinking with piggyback tunes as you compromise the ECUs ability to adapt to changes, with a reflash you can just add bits as you go, just do the old disconnect the battery and drive sensibly for 50-100 ks to let the ECU relearn its fuel trims and it will all be fine.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Thread moved to GB's, Changed from EOI to GB.
    Lets get this sucker going..

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    This is more so the thinking with piggyback tunes as you compromise the ECUs ability to adapt to changes, with a reflash you can just add bits as you go, just do the old disconnect the battery and drive sensibly for 50-100 ks to let the ECU relearn its fuel trims and it will all be fine.
    i thought DC'ing battery was bad? or is that just when you have a stock tune + mods?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Sam, for a custom tune yes.. for a tune-in-a-box it wont matter!

Yes looking for 11+
    This will be open till end of next week. Monday next week we should be ready to rock and roll.

EDIT, Closing Midday Friday.
    thought so for tune-in-a-box but wasnt 100% sure...
    so closing on the 29th?
    Why would it just sit there Sam ?, you wont find a better deal than this especially given the current strength of our dollar , you can use it with any level of modding, even stock.
    Just take my car for a spin next Saturday and you'll change your mind
    unfortunately need to make up mind before saturday
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

4. Default

hey wookie ive got a gen 2 and ill be getting one.

I have a mate with an '10' STI that wants one too can you add him for a definite.

Have you worked out a solution to the tax problem?

Sam, DW I can push it to monday, ideally for most others friday though

i thought DC'ing battery was bad? or is that just when you have a stock tune + mods?
    No it isnt bad, in fact its recommended everytime you change something, i.e add / remove a mod, the ECU will learn it fuel trim data around a set of values (i.e modded intake) if you remove the intake, put the stock airbox back on and drive the car it takes time to relearn the new data it is receiving from the various sensors and adjust the fuel trims to suit, if it hasn't had time to learn and you get on it too soon it can all go pear shaped, the reason you reset your ECU is that it will learn from its base set of values, not having to adjust an existing set, it all comes down the short & long term fuel trims.

unfortunately need to make up mind before saturday
    Just buy it anyway (you know you want to), Im sure if you dont like it someone will buy it off you.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
    hey wookie ive got a gen 2 and ill be getting one.

I have a mate with an '10' STI that wants one too can you add him for a definite.

Have you worked out a solution to the tax problem?
    What name? And im working on it.. easier when I have final numbers to arrange shipping. Ideally individually shipped and paid for by each member.
    Not a fan of sacrificing my credit card for others to decide to drop out later
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I'm interested, just having a more comprehensive look into it now. Preliminary glance seems really good, also solve a few issues of back/misfires and hesitation in my car

Sam, DW I can push it to monday, ideally for most others friday though
    just wondering if it's worth waiting for monday after dyno day? could get ALOT more interest from people after that if it shows up well on matt's car
    Just buy it anyway (you know you want to), Im sure if you dont like it someone will buy it off you.
    you're doing a damn good job of convincing me...
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I am very interested however when I spoke with truckaddons the postage quote was $100. If postage is anywhere near that, I probably wouldn't be interested.

I know Sam, but we want to strike while the iron is hot

I know Sam, but we want to strike while the iron is hot
    put me down for one... also happy to take a shipment of them if needed, unless they're willing to put low prices/gift on the shipping information (like andy's bike, )

Can I upgrade my interest to a DEFINITE confirmation? I also Have Toddy's interest pending shipping costs. Can I just ask how it's going to work? Justin, are you ordering all the units and having them sent to you, then dispatching to individual members? Just a thought, as far as us WA boys go, perhaps we could send to one person and then dispatch to members via a drive-by or catch-up. I see Mal (kmh-001) is interested and possibly Toddy so that makes at least 3 boys from WA interested. We all know eachother and wouldn't mind if the unit is send to either myself, Toddy or Mal, then just pick it up from there, save on shipping individually to each of us??

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

put me down for one...
    Convinced lol

Im hoping for individual shipping and payment.

just wondering if it's worth waiting for monday after dyno day? could get ALOT more interest from people after that if it shows up well on matt's car

you're doing a damn good job of convincing me...
    No pressure on me (well more to the point my car) at all here Sam, quick kids gather round and see how this one goes, I better wash it before I leave.
    Im really curious to see how it goes myself, maybe not as punchy as the Xede felt, but definitely more available power and a greater range to make use of it.

It will be a good baseline for my next hair brained scheme of HT+Xede.

(Note to self, hit Hypertech up for commission on sales from awesome dyno results)
    Abraham Lincoln

Justin it might be a good idea to negotiate a group buy code with them so we can make individual purchases as part of a larger group.

Andre if you and Daniel are in on the GB we could send three units to one WA address to share the shipping costs. I don't mind paying up front, but you have to promise (cross your heart and hope to die) to pay up when they arrive. The only catch with this plan is that the price of three units might be over the tax threshold, I don't know what the figure is these days.
    Last edited by kmh001; 22-10-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Gone to Volvo

Thats what im trying for Mal.

Matt, What are the chances of flashing someone elses that is stockish to get some stock vs flashed results?

*edit* or doing a stock vs flashed on yours?

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Andre if you and Daniel are in on the GB we could send three units to one WA address to share the shipping costs. I don't mind paying up front, but you have to promise (cross your heart and hope to die) to pay up when they arrive. The only catch with this plan is that the price of three units might be over the tax threshold, I don't know what the figure is these days.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. I don't mind if my unit was sent to you or Toddy (if he's interested) and then just take a drive over and pay shipping to receive it. As far as I'm aware there is 3 WA guys interested. Since we know each other it makes it easy to send it to the one address. Just an idea, which ever is easier with everyone really. I do some shipping prices can often be ridiculous though

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I'm in if the shipping is not crazy. Would be happy to have it shipped with the other WA guys to save $$

Any idea if the company will mark a lower value on the packaging to avoid tax issues?

Does anyone know if this flash changes how much the throttle plate opens up cos thats the main reason i'm interested? From the data log i saw here earlier it appeared to but i'm not 100% sure

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast