User Tag List

Thread: BOV and Standback Setup

Default BOV and Standback Setup

Hi,
    I did have the below problem attached to my into thread but thought I would start a seperate thread about my problem to see if anyone can help -

I have a question about my BOV setup. As you all know the Standback has the ability to be setup so the BOV can VTA. At the moment I have it setup as 50:50 recirc/VTA. The spring tension is tightened to about half way. Every now and then when on light boost and then changing gears from 2nd to 3rd, I hear a pop/backfire. When on WOT and full boost I doesn't seem to do it.
    My current Fuel Cut Settings on the Standback are -
    Fuel Restore TPS - 1
    Fuel Cut Volts - 1.2
    Min MAP Enable - -04.00
    Fuel Restore RPM - 1200
    MAF Volt Clip - 4.90

What am I doing wrong ?
    Do I need to tighten the BOV spring more ?

Cheers

havent set my SB to run VTA so not sure but I very rarely get pops/backfire, though when i removed the bypass plug and plugged in the SB i was getting quite a few pops the first few times i drove the car, but its settled now
    im running a Forge v1 with blue sping + 2 shims

my post probably doesnt help you though? whats the reason for running VTA?

Avoid full VTA. That's why you're popping - you have more fuel than the air demands, as you have sent all/most of the air overboard that your MAF signal calibrated the ECU to figure the appropriate fuel for. 50:50 is best. Going 100% VTA means you have to reprogram all your fuel cuts on throttle liftoff so you don't send raw fuel down the pipes and wash all the lube of your cylinder walls too.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 15-10-2010 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Avoid full VTA. That's why you're popping - you have more fuel than the air demands, as you have sent all/most of the air overboard that your MAF signal calibrated the ECU to figure the appropriate fuel for. 50:50 is best. Going 100% VTA means you have to reprogram all your fuel cuts on throttle liftoff so you don't send raw fuel down the pipes and wash all the lube of your cylinder walls too.
    Hi,
    Definatley not venting 100%, I have set it up at 50:50, but still get the occasional pop when on light throttle/boost and then change gears. Mainly 2nd to 3rd and it's not all the time. Is it avoidable or do I go back to 100% recirc.
    I thought the Standback Fuel cut settings would have prevented this.