User Tag List

Thread: Headlight Washers on the MPS

1. Default Headlight Washers on the MPS

Hey People first time threader.

I just purchased an mps and on the drive home from sydney to melb the rhs headlight washer decided to go flying on the hume highway. Being AURORA BLUE to means they dont have the spare parts in that colour so i have to get the part resprayed too.

Where is the button to switch them on and off as i cant work it out on how they work??? Does it only work at a certain speed...

Cheers

If the lights are ON and you decided to "wash" you windscreen, thats when the magic happens

Make sure you post up an introduction in the New Members Area and some pix of your ride in the Members' Ride Section...
    Last edited by CharlieBrown; 14-10-2010 at 02:30 PM.

I've heard of this happening, maybe I'm just lucky... I've used mine on the freeway at night repeatedly without problems

Quote Originally Posted by s3589159 View Post
    Hey People first time threader.

I just purchased an mps and on the drive home from sydney to melb the rhs headlight washer decided to go flying on the hume highway. Being AURORA BLUE to means they dont have the spare parts in that colour so i have to get the part resprayed too.

Where is the button to switch them on and off as i cant work it out on how they work??? Does it only work at a certain speed...

Cheers
    AURORA BLUE not that i'm biased or anything...
    no idea how to turn them off, i know they activate every 5 "wipes" of the windscreen.... thought it was mandatory to have headlight washers with the type of headlights we have...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Read the manual - on every 6th windscreen wash it does your lights too. Day or night, lights on or off. Chs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Read the manual - on every 6th windscreen wash it does your lights too. Day or night, lights on or off. Chs.
    Not so on the MPS3 Doug. But it definitely happens everytime when the lights are on for the 3pms.

OK, thanks SC. Some swine moved the goalposts! Sorry if I misinformed anyone - I should have qualified it by referring to the MPS6.

One of mine flew off also..........expensive little suckers. I paid around $240 for a new one from memory and still had to get it painted.

I pulled the fuse on mine on day two of mps ownership, it sprayed tonnes of slightly soapy water all over the front of my nicely polished car. I thought F this who needs a washer anyway. 4 years on I still don't see the point of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    Not so on the MPS3 Doug. But it definitely happens everytime when the lights are on for the 3pms.
    U can also activate it with the headlights on by pulling back on the stick quickly twice...

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    U can also activate it with the headlights on by pulling back on the stick quickly twice...
    That's how it used to work for me too, until Mazda decided one day to flash my computer. Now it activates *every* time you pull the stick with the lights on. I would MUCH prefer it if it required the double pull to work as I don't want it going off all the time!

Washers seem more applicable to countries with shitty wet roads and traffic grime. Here there seems little point. I wash mine at fuelling stations. That's enough. The squirts don't get rid of Aussie bugs anyway. You need headlight wipers for that and even they don't do much of a job. In any event, one of mine is discnnected to make room for my intercooler pipes.

I've considered getting a POV pack front bumper and just taking them out all together. But a) its an expensive solution and b) I'll want to put it all back if/when the time comes to sell the car.

so just pull the fuse. put it back when you want to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by TUFMPS View Post
    so just pull the fuse. put it back when you want to sell.
    Yup.

16. Default

see you dont see the MPS6 head light washers flying off into the distance

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    see you dont see the MPS6 head light washers flying off into the distance
    If you are seeing that your driving backwards..

Quote Originally Posted by scaredycrow View Post
    if you are seeing that your driving backwards..
    bahahahahahahahahah