User Tag List

Thread: A1RM Front brake pads????

Default A1RM Front brake pads????

Guys recently i bought the A1RM front brake pads from GSLrallysport for my mps3. Theres just one thing playing on my mind. Whether these are the rear or front pads. They just seem a little too small to be the front pads. Ive taken pics of the pads against the new disks so u have an idea or are these just the size of them.
    The code on the box says DB 1661 6 1/2 set as shown in the pics.
    Any help would be helpfull...thanks guys

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0539.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	5842
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0540.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	5843
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

2. Default

That's them.

Why do you think they're too small?

The rear pads are alot smaller than that, and have a spring clip on top.
    Last edited by gslrallysport; 14-10-2010 at 09:29 AM.

Thanks for the reply greg. I dunno why. They just seemed small when compared to the rotor lol. And my old civic front pads were like twice the length of these lol. Ahh well.
    Cheers mate =)

4. Default

Don't fret too much, Amontons' 2nd Law of Friction: The force of friction is independent of the apparent area of contact.

Basically it means the size of the pad doesn't have as being bearing on performance as you may think. And in fact cars now are going to MUCH smaller rear pads, on larger rotors, to make it easier for the electronics to modulate the rear around that point of lockup.

wow they do seem tiny, especially in relation to the size of the calipers. I haven't looked at the front pads yet, but I guess you'll fine out when u go to install them

let us know what you think of the pads when u get em in

Well iv'e had the disks and pads installed, bled the brakes and the clutch as well as they are all in one or something tunehouse was saying.

They had done the initial bed in and have told me basically just take it easy and dont do to much hard braking for a good 100km or so. I'll give it abit more then that though to be on the safe side.

Any problems in doing this to bed them in or should i still bed them in as QFM has said???? (10 stops from 60kph to 10kph in 1km intervals then let brakes cool then another 10 stops from 60kph to 10kph in 500m intervals)

Cant really give first initial impressions as of yet since it has only been 1 day and havnt really had to do any hard braking as such, but there is the slight squeel atm on some applications of the brakes but ive been told that should disapear once the bed in period has settled and stuff. Will update once a few days have passed and more braking has been done.

Just also want to thank greg from GSL rallysport for his help in choosing the setup and anyone who is looking at new brakes should definitely give him a buzz.
    Cheers
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

done