User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bridgestone tyre 215/45r18 re050a

1. Default Bridgestone tyre 215/45r18 re050a

I just bought a whole new set of these tyres for $225 each and would like to share with anyone a great deal who wants practically new tyres.. it cost me 960 all up fitted..

i got them at Claremont Wheelpower..

BRIDGESTONE TYRE 215/45R18 RE050A SUIT SUBARU/MAZDA - eBay Other, Wheels, Tyres, Car, Truck Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 23-Oct-10 20:05:47 AEDST)

Good deal price-wise but even the threat of torture wouldn't get me to buy another set of them after my Sumitomos.

Don't take this personally Mark, but the idea of actually paying for crapstone tyres reminds me of that great Australian icon Ted Bullpit when he said: "I hate them. Hate, hate, vomit!"

Having said that, if someone wanted to retain the stock tyre size they would be an option given it's a hard-to-get size.
    Last edited by kmh001; 13-10-2010 at 05:46 PM.

4. Default

I was waiting for you guys to post with your intense love for the bridgestones

5. Default

Never knew how shit they are lol i did alot of research and none could actually tell me which tyre was the best for the mps3.. all just mix reviews so i stuck with the stockys

Quote Originally Posted by markeymagz View Post
    Never knew how shit they are lol i did alot of research and none could actually tell me which tyre was the best for the mps3.. all just mix reviews so i stuck with the stockys
    Don't worry Mark, they're not that bad if you drive normally I actually bought some a while back for $495 a corner (yeah they saw me coming) but I really wanted to get back to stock diameters at the time and the Kumho's were out of stock for a while, so I gritted my teeth and took the shafting that bridgestone gave me like a man! That's the reason I thanked you for your post, hopefully other's don't get ripped a new one if they're looking for 215/45/18 Potenzas!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

I was waiting for Doug to go first

It's interesting how slagging off crapstone tyres can lift your mood.....
    Last edited by kmh001; 13-10-2010 at 05:52 PM.

8. Default

so what would be a best tyre and profile for next time i buy tyres??
    i guess ima have to burn these rubber quick lol

Yep! If you need a good slag, just mention them thar Crapstones. How they ever got garage space with Mazda I'll never know - maybe a cheap job lot to get them "out there" so other people would think they were actually good - the ol' "this S%$# must be good ..... 50 million flies can't be wrong" approach.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 13-10-2010 at 06:25 PM.

I put my life on Bridgestones and had no issues with the RE050......... Don't listen to the others....

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I put my life on Bridgestones and had no issues with the RE050......... Don't listen to the others....
    That's nice. Still doesn't make them any less crap.

In addition to the crap 050's, I once had a set of crap 040's on the MPS. They were crap too. If you look at the case construction you can see that nothing has changed at crapstone since the over-priced and under performing RE71 of the 1980's. Crapstone and their 30 year old tyre technology are second only to Avon for being consistently poorly designed, poor performing, poor quality crap.

When you buy crapstone tyres, you're not buying tyre technology, you're paying for their multi-million dollar advertising budget and their F1 program.

Gone to Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I woulnt put life on them but same I thought they were good for the 22k kms they lasted
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    I woulnt put life on them but same I thought they were good for the 22k kms they lasted
    Well Al mine I got 36,000k's and they are still downstairs good for another 5000k's and they hit the track on 2 ocassions so I was happy with them and they weren't noisey either...

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    That's nice. Still doesn't make them any less crap.

In addition to the crap 050's, I once had a set of crap 040's on the MPS. They were crap too. If you look at the case construction you can see that nothing has changed at crapstone since the over-priced and under performing RE71 of the 1980's. Crapstone and their 30 year old tyre technology are second only to Avon for being consistently poorly designed, poor performing, poor quality crap.

When you buy crapstone tyres, you're not buying tyre technology, you're paying for their multi-million dollar advertising budget and their F1 program.

Mal I've been driving on Bridgestones for 25 years out of my near 30 years of driving and have other brand tyres on new cars I have bought, within 6 months they were changed to bridgestones pretty quickly and I have tried the other brands from time to time and they were ok but no where near how good the bridges were,driving around in Brocks, HSV's,Slr's and even Statesman and Ltd's. Maybe we drive differently I just know when I drove on the bridgstones Potenza's and the other high performance bridgestone tyres I've owned I just knew if I went in hard through corners and roundabouts dry or wet i was good..... Everyone for there own how they feel when it comes to tyre choice, but I drove my cars hard and fast and all I wanted to know I would come through what I put the car through and I have put the cars through some hard track duties and road uses.... Look if we all loved and bought 1 brand of tyre we wouldn't need the others, I'm not saying the others are no good and I'm talking about the performance tyre not the everyday of the mill tyre ok....

I would like to add that price isn't a issue if it's going to save me a bent car and thousands of dollars in repairs, why change something that works is my motto in my line of work so i'm happy with what they had and if they improve it I'm all for it.....
    Last edited by 240MPS; 14-10-2010 at 08:13 AM.

I never said the RE050s were unsafe, specifically. But as I have written a few times before and won't elaborate on excessively here, they ride like a board, wear obscenely fast, tram-line like you need a suspension rebuild, are skittish in the wet, and to cap it all off, are the noisiest tyres I ever drove on and grossly over-priced. The fact that I can't think of a good thing to say about them is sufficient justification for me to go looking for a manufacturer who has a better product.

And considering I do find them skittish in the wet is enough for me to suspect that they will send me off the road one day. Thinking back, the only time my DSC had to intervene noticeably is when they let go under moderate conditions on a wet corner. Given all the other negatives I've cited, I suspect that as with most things, "if it feels like a dog it will get you into trouble one day".

It's not just MPS6's that have issues with them. I have friends with a range of cars who had them on from factory new and they all went to get their front ends checked for alignment and wear before concluding it was the tyres.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 14-10-2010 at 11:04 AM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    I never said the RE050s were unsafe. But as I have written a few times before and won't elaborate on excessively here, they ride like a board, wear obscenely fast, tram-line like you need a suspension rebuild, are skittish in the wet, and to cap it all off, are the noisiest tyres I ever drove on and grossly over-priced. The fact that I can't think of a good thing to say about them is sufficient justification for me to go looking for a manufacturer who has a better product.

It's not just MPS6's that have issues with them. I have friends with a range of cars who had them on from factory new and they all went to get their front ends checked for alignment before concluding it was the tyres.
    I agree there overpriced Doug, but cheaper than what i was paying for 235/40/18 on the HSV GTO 7 years ago of $850each....

16. Default

so what would be a best tyre and profile for next time i buy tyres??
    i guess ima have to burn these rubber quick lol
    No one has actually replied to my question lol
    I guess everyone has a different opinions and experiences. That's why it was hard for me to decide.

I've been driving the mps with the bridgestones and they seem great. I had a 180sx with 20's on it and that was bad compared to the mps.

No one has actually replied to my question lol
    Sorry mate, I was having too much fun slagging off crapstone............ because they deserve it.

Tyre choice can be complex because you need to match your driving style, usage, suspension setup and budget to a tyre. There have been a few threads here discussing tyres with good feedback from users. Like this one: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...ew-thread.html

Gone to Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Good deal price-wise but even the threat of torture wouldn't get me to buy another set of them after my Sumitomos.
    OK...so what size Sumitomo (I presume you have HTR 3's) did you fit, and do you run the stock 6MPS rims?

Yes stock rims. Fit fine and are legal. No rubbing. Lots of clearance. Size as per my signature. $1065 for four fitted and balanced from Ian Diffens here in Perth, but Sumitomo also stock them here. Read the tests in Tyre Rack.

i know i would not pay $395 per tyre for ANY BRAND.. !!

havent had any problems with my oem 215/45/18 potenzas but definatly don't think they are value for money !!!!!!!

i have had 2 tyres on there for 20k since i have had the car and i brought 2 near new potenzas off ozmazdaclub for $100 each which was pretty cheap since 1 off my tyres had a unrepairable puncture..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast