User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do I paint my brake calipers?

Yer either red with black decals or black with white decals... Do u guys know any sticker places in Melbourne to do the decals. There used to be one in pipeworks but they closed it down now iono where his shop is, he was really good.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You can get decals on eBay, I've heard people having success with them, but I'm not sure busy how good they'd be. I think the best way is decide what colour you want your decals, spray the middle of the calliper that colour. Once dry, google then print out and cut out your decal "MPS". Stick that on your paint you've already sprayed.
    Then spray the whole thing the colour you want.
    Then peel off your letters!
    Then you can give it all a coat of clear to seal it.
    This way you're not trying to make stickers stick to your callipers, especially when they get hot, rather its just painted.
    Obviously a little more involved but a much more durable solution...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Hmmm interesting idea indeed lol! I like....

Have decided to paint my calipers in VHT blue in the coming weeks but having trouble deciding on what decal to go with (MPS vs Mazda) as well as colour (can't decide between white, black, silver). I had intended to go with the MPS decal but have seen some calipers with the Mazda and quite like how they look as well.

What combination would you guys go with? Car is a silver MPS6 if that helps in any way.

5. Default

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399788787900.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	16219

...I feel like I need to join the club now and paint my callipers as well.

However, I have a cherry black (dark purple) 6 MPS. What colour would you recommend?

I was thinking...
    1. Black with white decal
    2. Red with black decal
    3. Red with white decal

Since I've got the standard factory 18" alloys, I'm leaning more towards number 1. But if I was to spray my wheels black, I think number 2 would look better.

Quote Originally Posted by GEZZA90 View Post
    ...I feel like I need to join the club now and paint my callipers as well.

However, I have a cherry black (dark purple) 6 MPS. What colour would you recommend?

I was thinking...
    1. Black with white decal
    2. Red with black decal
    3. Red with white decal

Since I've got the standard factory 18" alloys, I'm leaning more towards number 1. But if I was to spray my wheels black, I think number 2 would look better.
    Red, no decal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Mazda 6 MPS: HTP 3.5" SRI – GTX3071R – Full Race mani – TiAL 44mm EWG – 2XS 3" DP – HDi FMIC – 3" SS CBE – AutoTech HPFP – CorkSport EBCS – Bosch 3 Bar MAP – TurboSmart BOV – AWR 88A TMM/PMM – JBR 80A RMM – KW V2 – NGK Iridium IX – Damond SSP – Work XT7

[08/09/2015]: Zoom Zoom Boom

Red and black - you'll never even notice the MPS logo.

blsck with white you'd see it, but I'm not sure it'd look great.

Im with @hermz go red, no decal. If insistent, go red with white.

Thanks guys I'll paint it red with no decal.

Don't forget pictures afterwards!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234