User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holograms/Swirlies...

Default Holograms/Swirlies...

Joel

So, car has gone back and forward to the repairers, post someone keying the bumper...

Anyhow, first attempt they badly "scoured" the bumper, holograms, fine scratches from too much pressure etc. They fixed it a bit the 2nd time around, not 100% like it was...

Do you have anything that I could do/use without using a machine?

Suggestions??

Cheers!

Hey Dan

Sorry to hear that about your car mate. You have had a bit of bad luck.

Without a machine, Meguiar's actually have two products that can work well by hand. They both use SMAT which stands for "Super Micro Abrasive Technology". The abrasives in this product are very small and don't break down, unlike DAT (Diminishing Abrasive Technology) that uses larger abrasives that diminish as you work the polish.

Basically, you will be able to get a good level of cut by hand, without scouring the surface with the abrasives. These are the products:

ZAS Car Detailing Products : Meguiar's Mirror Glaze M105 Ultra Cut Compound 945ml M10532

ZAS Car Detailing Products : Meguiar's Ultimate Compound 450ml G17216

The M105 Ultra Cut Compound has a little bit more bite than the Ultimate Compound, but the Ultimate Compound comes in a smaller size. I would start out by trying the Ultimate Compound. If you are purchasing this product only it might be more benefit to you, to just grab it from a store.

What about Meg's SwirlX ?

Does that work too??

Hey Dan

I haven't had any feedback on the SwirlX so I called the Megs hotline for you to see what they have to say about it. They told me it will work similar to the Ultimate Compound but it is a milder product.

They also told me the Ultimate Compound uses some form of fine diminishing abrasives, not like the M105 Ultra Cut Compound. I tried to research it further and found that some claim it is SMAT and other say it is DAT.

Either way, everyone agrees it is good for hand polishing. Since you have a black car it wouldn't hurt to also have the SwirlX on hand to finish with after the Ultimate Compound. Or try with the SwirlX first to see if it has enough bite for what you need.

Ok, so I attempted Turtle Wax Swirl & Scratch Remover... RUBBISH, but, 2 go's of that, and an application of Amigo may have done the trick...

Got Epic on it now, leaving that over night, another coat in the morning, then tomorrow evening, will remove with Hydro.

If that fails... Fancy you having a go at it when I'm down in Sydney??

that would be no problem at all mate. I reckon we could have it fixed up in a matter of minutes

Actually I just had to do a bit of wet sanding on mine yesterday. Only had the front end resprayed a few weeks ago after it was stolen and found that some a-hole had scraped me on the front drivers side guard. Unbelievable.

She is back in all her glory though again now. Might get some pics later!

Cool, well I'm hoping that I've managed to fix it - or atleast dull it down for the time being.

If it's still stuffed, I'll get you to look at it when I'm down

Im suprised that you have such bad swirl marks in a bumper bar...
    Especially after they have had 2 goes at it.
    I would like to think if a car came back to have the swirl marks fixed it should be fixed properly the second time. Its a pretty easy fix.
    Im also suprised that a bumper bar needed so much buffing that its left such bad swirls in it.

Hey Cton,

Thanks for the info. The bumper was the place that had the damage to it - It was keyed. I think it was a rushed job - Usually I'm stoked with their work, they let me down massively this time.

I think I've managed to get them all out - I have fluro lights in the garage, and the flood lighting at the Coles Car Park before - seems to have eliminated, but nothing like pure sunlight to tell...

Either way, if they're still there, I'll let Joel have a go at it when Im in Sydney I trust him like I trust his products
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Yeah, Alot of the time they will probably be like 'ahh its only a bumper' and not worry too much.
    And to be honest id probably be the same, unless of course its a nice car or an immaculately kept black gen 2. ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    Yeah, Alot of the time they will probably be like 'ahh its only a bumper' and not worry too much.
    And to be honest id probably be the same, unless of course its a nice car or an immaculately kept black gen 2. ha.
    They thought they'd be helpful, and buff the tailgate as well... There was swirlies there too...

Ask any of the Qld Crew, my GenII is always immaculately clean
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    that would be no problem at all mate. I reckon we could have it fixed up in a matter of minutes

Actually I just had to do a bit of wet sanding on mine yesterday. Only had the front end resprayed a few weeks ago after it was stolen and found that some a-hole had scraped me on the front drivers side guard. Unbelievable.

She is back in all her glory though again now. Might get some pics later!
    Your car was stolen???

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    They thought they'd be helpful, and buff the tailgate as well... There was swirlies there too...

Ask any of the Qld Crew, my GenII is always immaculately clean
    yeah i hear its pretty shiney
    I was going to go with black but i was to chicken!
    annoying about the tailgate...

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    Your car was stolen???
    Yep. They broke into my wifes car, went through it and found a spare key to mine. It was found about a block from my place nose first up a gutter, locked with the lights still on.

My theory is it was kids who stole it for a joy ride. She torque steered her way up the gutter, they shat themselves and left her there

Yep. They broke into my wifes car, went through it and found a spare key to mine. It was found about a block from my place nose first up a gutter, locked with the lights still on.

My theory is it was kids who stole it for a joy ride. She torque steered her way up the gutter, they shat themselves and left her there
    Little feckers

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    Little feckers

Thank God for torque steer eh?
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post

The little-known Mazda 3 MPS "Secondary Security System"

Torque Steer lol
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post

Life would be boring without it

Life would be boring without it
    She doesnt know about real torque steer....sshhhh dont let her in on the secret

Lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast