User Tag List

Thread: MRT Ecutek or Chiptorque flash tune

Default MRT Ecutek or Chiptorque flash tune

Hey guys
    I have decided to tune my 3 mps 2007 and i was just wondering what is better to use chiptorque flash tune or ecutek. And what are the benefits of each of them?
    Cheers,Igor

Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    Hey guys
    I have decided to tune my 3 mps 2007 and i was just wondering what is better to use chiptorque flash tune or ecutek. And what are the benefits of each of them?
    Cheers,Igor
    Benefits:
    - If you live in QLD Chiptorque is close
    - If you live in NSW Ecutek (MRT) is close

3. Default

Actually, we (Mercury Motorsport) have ECUTEK software for the MPS's and we are in Brisbane, so there is a local alternative to Chiptorque.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury Motorsport View Post
    Actually, we (Mercury Motorsport) have ECUTEK software for the MPS's and we are in Brisbane, so there is a local alternative to Chiptorque.

5. Default

I believe Ecutek use the same tuning method as ChipTorque - Flash Tuning. So really the result comes down to the ability of the dyno tuner. Additionally the ChipTorque Flash Tune will be compatible with our development product Ezy-FLASH Pro for Mazda. This means that you can have your flash tune and multiple variations of your tune loaded into a hardware device that'll enable you to plug-in and reflash an alternative tune into your car yourself, in a couple of minutes. The Ezy-FLASH Pro connects by OBDII to your car, stores your original Mazda tune plus variations of tune to support alternate fuel types, boost levels, torque limits and more. For more information on this product and other features, check out this web page and you may want to subscribe to this forum thread for update on product development.

Leah @ CT
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

You should support the people who support the forum.

^^^^^^^^^Them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    You should support the people who support the forum.

^^^^^^^^^Them.
    Agree, but it's nice to show love to anyone supporting the platform. No platform, No forum...

You guys need to become Site Sponsors and then you can let us all see what it is you are doing to that MPS over there.....................................
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

From what info I have gathered today

Chiptorque Vs ECUTEK
    $1000-1200 Vs $2000

3 MPS Gen 1
    Flash Vs Flash

6 MPS
    Flash Vs Flash

3 MPS Gen 2
    XEDE Vs Flash

If i had a gen 1 id go chiptorque re-flash. It seems like they do a pretty good job.
    But until they can flash the Gen 2 id go with Ecutek over the XEDE any day. Even at the extra price.

The XEDE is around $1600 fitted too. I forgot to mention.

Thanks for replies I am gonna save money a little and go with chiptorque xD Supporting the sponsors haha

tunehouse have the ecutek now

its a shame you cant tune for shit please dont post here or any other web site about your tuning you guys are cowboys with no idea

Quote Originally Posted by 08mps View Post
    its a shame you cant tune for shit please dont post here or any other web site about your tuning you guys are cowboys with no idea
    WOW, strong words !!

Gunna be interesting to see how this pans out....

Leon
    Started out with nothing Still got most of it left

No it wont Leon, Im going to jump on this before it turns ugly.

Mercury, Please dont advertise your goods and services unless you are a forum sponsor, it is unfair for the vendors who do contribute by sponsoring our forum, please PM me if you would like some sponsorship information.

Quote Originally Posted by 08mps View Post
    08mps, if you have had a problem with these guys, please dont just flame them publicly in the forum, this isnt going to help anyone, if you are genuinely concerned about the quality of their product, perhaps a more prudent approach would be to explain why you have an issue, and site examples, this will be a much greater help to the community.

I will be keeping an eye on this thread, if it turns into a slagging match posts will be deleted and the thread will be closed.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln