User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FPV GT to hit 0-100 in 4.9 seconds

Default FPV GT to hit 0-100 in 4.9 seconds

Falcon GT superchrged Ford falcon V8 | Falcon does 0-100 in 4.9
    A new supercharged V8 engine in FPV's new GT makes it the fastest Falcon ever produced.
    Ford's new FPV GT is the fastest Falcon ever produced, able to reach 100km/h from rest in 4.9 seconds.
    While the figures are manufacturer claims and as yet not independently verified, the new 335kW supercharged V8 was always expected to raise the performance game for Ford and give it much needed V8 firepower against muscle car market leader HSV.
    In the FPV Falcon GT the new V8 produces 335kW of power and 570Nm of torque (or mid-rev pulling power), making it the most powerful Australian-made car currently on sale. It's available with a six-speed manual or no-cost six-speed automatic transmission.
    Crucially, the new Falcon GT will finally accelerate faster than turbocharged six-cylinder F6, which has long been the performance hero in the FPV lineup. Going against its former policy of not publically releasing performance figures, FPV has no quoted figures for its range.
    The FPV F6 is claimed to take 5.1 seconds to reach 100km/h, 0.2 seconds slower than the FPV Falcon GT. The new FPV GS - with a detuned version of the GT's 5.0-litre supercharged V8 - manages the milestone in 5.2 seconds.
    Read full details on the new FPV supercharged V8 here.

The new FPV Falcon GT is offered in three basic models; the basic GT, more overtly sporty GT-P and more restrained-looking GT-E.
    Other than new wheels, the new Falcon GT models look almost identical to the FG models that have been around since 2008.
    The GT and GT-P get love-them-or-leave-them stripes along the bonnet flowing over the guards and down the side of the car.
    With the intention of potentially competing with lower level European brands, the GT-E gets a more restrained look that does without the stripes.
    "FPV's GT range now offers a whole new drive experience," says Barrett. "All three GTs now provide tremendous, previously unheard of performance but do so in the smoothest, most responsive manner possible."
    FPV says it has also worked to improve the sound of its engines, giving them a more meaningful V8 bark with the fitment of a new bi-modal exhaust with four outlets.
    FPV says the new engine is 47kg lighter than the old 5.4-litre V8 - although the entire car is only 30kg lighter - which brings benefits to handling.
    "The GT's handling has benefitted the lighter engine so turn-in response is sharper and the whole car is more nicely balanced," says Barrett. "The ride is also improved because we've been able to more finely tune the suspension front-to-back."
    FPV has also added a new FPV Falcon GS to its range as a permanent fixture.
    finally the blue oval can match holden for V8 power
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

2. Default

Can't match much else around a corner though.

I'm sorry to offend people but this isn't that impressive.... a STI/Evo gets these times..so unless they can get a HSV or a FPV under 4 seconds.. then i'll just say meh!

How much fuel does one have left after reaching 100kmph? My ex motorcycle and currently seeking 600cc bike should click 100kmph in around 3 seconds. I agree with Brackaus, if you look at the size of the motor + supercharged I would be upset if they weren't achieving those figures.

mmm 0-100 is a bit of a dud stat. Getting that monster off the line is the tough part. After that..... haul ass.

Will believe that when I see it. Ford have a habbit of stretching the truth somewhat. Especially when it comes to power claims.
    I wonder if ford are still using The same power calculating method that over states the truth. 335 ford kw is probably closer to 310 holden kw.
    And a little while ago one of the magazines dyno tested hsv, Holden, ford and FPV cars, they found that the hsv was a tiny bit down on their claims, the SS was actually higher and not much off the HSV and the fords weren't even close.

I've always wondered why back in the early 70's the gtho had far more power (100hp) and a good few hundred kg less than the Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 yet they were equally quick
    Somebody wasnt telling the truth

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Falcon GT superchrged Ford falcon V8 | Falcon does 0-100 in 4.9

finally the blue oval can match holden for V8 power
    Sorry got nothing..... Go the holdens

THAT IS CRAP TIME 0-100.............................. road legal semi slicks and torque limiter off.. the mps will get this well wouldnt be far off

I respect all makes of automobiles. Ford kicked holdens ass with the F6 hands down. Holden needs to come up with a turbo 6 . These 0-100 times all come down to the factory's choice of diff gears. And these big heavy family sedans are built for towing, open road driving and comfort. Not 0-100 record beating times. So good effort in my books by Ford.

And these other cars (mps, sti, evo) don't weigh 1800kg+
    and no point using "what ifs" like if you add slicks etc, it's not a proper comparison.
    As was mentioned before, it's not easy to get big cars like the HSV and FPV off the line.
    Rolling starts is where they come into their own. And that is much more useful in the real world than 0-100km/h
    Sad to say, but the mps, sti, and evos wouldn't come close.
    And they certainly wouldn't do it as comfortably.
    4.9seconds to 100 (assuming it actually can) for such a large car is impressive, especially as it's not really designed to do that

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    And these other cars (mps, sti, evo) don't weigh 1800kg+
    and no point using "what ifs" like if you add slicks etc, it's not a proper comparison.
    As was mentioned before, it's not easy to get big cars like the HSV and FPV off the line.
    Rolling starts is where they come into their own. And that is much more useful in the real world than 0-100km/h
    Sad to say, but the mps, sti, and evos wouldn't come close.
    And they certainly wouldn't do it as comfortably.
    4.9seconds to 100 (assuming it actually can) for such a large car is impressive, especially as it's not really designed to do that
    well put mate +1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mpssylo View Post
    well put mate +1!!!
    Exactly.....
    Just like the MPS, 0-100km/h isnt that exciting. I mean, how often in daily driving are we going 0-100 flat out????

But 3rd gear 80-120km/h is MUUUUCH better.....
    Last edited by AD07; 05-10-2010 at 08:39 PM.

no offence but.... what does FPV or HSV stand for? they say they are sports cars... thats what they calm they are.. u want to tow u dont buy these cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really have an issue with HSVs or FPVs, aside from the fact that most are too quiet from the factory. If I had one it would be loud and shouty, just as mother nature intended

Would I really buy one though? Meh, not really. As much as I can appreciate the muscle, for the money of some of these cars, particularly at the pointy end of the range, I see a great many other (in my opinion) more refined options that float mah boat.

There is something very primal about the roar of a well sorted old-school 6 or 8 though. Pity most of them these days you have to crane your neck to hear it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

FPV have said that they are capable of 4.6 sec 0-100 but their 'claimed' time is 4.9 sec.

Both Holden and Ford have nothing....they are updating models that are over 2 or 3 years old...as they have nothing new really.

New engine, new coat of paint, new wheels and a few different letters on the rear.

4.9 is no way impressive for a 5.0L s/c V8...considering BMW, Merc, Jag and Audi all make less power but are quicker. <go figure>

Holden has started to move in the right direction with E3 series and not add more bogan Kw and power...but instead actually refine the car.

Ford...well they are just going for numbers to try and sell a car range that is going under....no one wanted a FPV V8 before when the F6 was faster and cheaper.

Good Luck Ford....but i cant see this helping you sell cars.....and soon a turbo 4cyl falcon to add to range....

Happy Motoring
    duglet

P.S. as said previously, these are Performance model cars....so you shouldnt be towing caravans....

Living near Bathurst at this time of the year will prove to you that these cars are more than just performance cars. I would lose count very quickly if I was to count how many HSV's and FPV's I've seen today with interstate number plates and towing a trailer or caravan.
    Ever seen an evo tow a van?
    Or even just have a tow bar?

We have here large cars, that fit 5 full size adults in comfort, full of every creature comfort you could ask for, and you could drive for hours on end without the need of a chiropractor waiting for you.
    They aren't designed to be compared with purpose built medium sized performance cars. They are grand touring cars. And that's something they excel at. And should be given more credit than they are.
    In every other country besides Australia (tall poppy syndrome) they are compared to cars like Audi RS4 and RS6, Mercedes E63 etc. Much more expensive cars. And they aren't discraced.

I'd much rather drive a HSV or FPV on a long drive than an evo, sti and even my mps. That's what they are designed for. Not pointless 0-100km dashes

I'm all for local muscle cars. Very soon we'lll have front wheel drive Fords replacing the Falcon and perhaps the commodore will be a rebadged Chevrolet. We should be at least proud of what we can STILL do as a local market. Even though the new GT motor is based on a Mustang the supercharger and inlet manifold are made in SA and build by Prodrive. Not many other markets around the world build such a product just for their local consumption to the quality of Falcodoore.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    I'm all for local muscle cars. Very soon we'lll have front wheel drive Fords replacing the Falcon and perhaps the commodore will be a rebadged Chevrolet. We should be at least proud of what we can STILL do as a local market. Even though the new GT motor is based on a Mustang the supercharger and inlet manifold are made in SA and build by Prodrive. Not many other markets around the world build such a product just for their local consumption to the quality of Falcodoore.
    Look I'm a Holden man all my life and my dad and brother are fords, I shit stir between the two of them because that's all I have done with my brother for 29 years ofowning cars, I prefer to support local business and will support Holden HSV's in the very near future for my next company car But I will hold on to the MPS... Viva the locals

Hardly impressive. My 5 year old 6MPS with a couple of bolt-ons does it in 4.82 seconds, with greater comfort and competence.

Sorry, used to be a huge fan of local V8's but ugly HSV boganmobiles with fairytale performance numbers put me right off. And the series 2 VE in my driveway kept it that way.

The evidence, in case it's needed.........................

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast