User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FPV GT to hit 0-100 in 4.9 seconds

I think that the FPV has a much nicer interior. The Holden has tacky plastic yuck finish.

Well it is fact, but has obviously changed since.

I'm just very cynical when it comes to anything that ford claims.
    They stretch the truth quite often, and always have right from the start of ford.

On topic once again.
    I am impressed by the engine, as I'm old enough to remember the hype when the injected 5ltr commodores came out with 165kw, then HSV had 180kw. And they were regarded as very quick cars.
    Modified ones were pigs to drive. 300kw was unheard of.
    Now we have a 335kw motor, in a much heavier car and gets (comparatively) very good fuel economy. And they are easy enough to drive that anyone can.

This thread delivers

lol, which car manufacture doesn't stretch the truth thou , ford may have over claimed power figures in the past (although im not convinced since every mag i've had since they started putting dyno read outs has had ford on top), atleast the 0-100 claims they so far have stated can be matched, im still yet to see a HSV GTS 100% stock do 0 - 100 in 4.9 either on youtube/forum or in a mag... i haven't looked very hard but yet to hear of one doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Well it is fact, but has obviously changed since.

I'm just very cynical when it comes to anything that ford claims.
    They stretch the truth quite often, and always have right from the start of ford.

On topic once again.
    I am impressed by the engine, as I'm old enough to remember the hype when the injected 5ltr commodores came out with 165kw, then HSV had 180kw. And they were regarded as very quick cars.
    Modified ones were pigs to drive. 300kw was unheard of.
    Now we have a 335kw motor, in a much heavier car and gets (comparatively) very good fuel economy. And they are easy enough to drive that anyone can.
    Any examples of Ford stretching the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    lol, which car manufacture doesn't stretch the truth thou , ford may have over claimed power figures in the past (although im not convinced since every mag i've had since they started putting dyno read outs has had ford on top), atleast the 0-100 claims they so far have stated can be matched, im still yet to see a HSV GTS 100% stock do 0 - 100 in 4.9 either on youtube/forum or in a mag... i haven't looked very hard but yet to hear of one doing that.
    There have been absolutely no reviews where anyone has been able to match the claim of 4.99 for the HSV.

Quote Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post

There have been absolutely no reviews where anyone has been able to match the claim of 4.99 for the HSV.
    Only times i can remember Ford Stretching the truth is claiming the GT-HO Phase 3 had 280hp ... then more recently when the BA series was first released i still got the motor mag that compared 9 cars from holden and ford and the GT 290 outpowered the GTS 300 on a dyno. Then also the BF2 GT 302 outpowered the 307 GTS on another dyno test but 10kw and didn't suffer from heat sink.

I know HSV motors where easier to use day to day they'll be faster but im still yet to see Ford over claim power figures they couldnt match on the dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
    I guess not.

Anyway for those who are interested...

Street Fords BOSS 335 GT Runs 12s! - Street Fords Magazine

Australian Ford Forums - 12.9@114 1/4 mile time 5L Blown Falcon WSID 20/10/2010

I wonder if these are press pack specials to be making that power?

Wasn't going to say much because it's way off topic, but if you really want to know.

There is the half truth of ford inventing the ute.
    The ford invented mass production thing.
    They are just my 2 favorites

Did you know that if ford truly did invent the ute (which they didn't) to justify their claim and using their own definition of a "ute" the currently don't actually produce a ute.

I havent read this thread,but I'll leave this here....

Dale at Castle hill exhaust dyno that 12s car.

BOSS 335 GT Runs 12s - PerformanceForums

353rwkw stock :S, and the GS is 302rwkw stock i guess ford aren't entirely honest no wonder only ran only a 12.9 at 113 mph he admit his a shitting driver and only 245 rears... not to mention the weight of car without driver is 1822kg.

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VGP View Post
    I havent read this thread,but I'll leave this here....

Dale at Castle hill exhaust dyno that 12s car.

BOSS 335 GT Runs 12s - PerformanceForums
    WOW Great read!!
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345